Author Topic: For Moody Blues lovers...  (Read 537 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
For Moody Blues lovers...
« on: March 14, 2016, 01:08:26 PM »
I found a nice documentary on the Moody Blues - it runs about 90 minutes, but I've been playing it while catching up on stuff in the office.

It goes through the addition of Norda Mullen to the group when Ray Thomas had to retire for health reasons. I found it amusing that Ian Anderson was disappointed that they didn't ask him to do the flute work - he said he always wanted to play the solo in Nights in White Satin!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: For Moody Blues lovers...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 02:30:27 PM »
Radio One wouldn't have played it if Ian A had played the flute on the original - too much sexual innuendo with all those breathing and spitting noises.  8)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 05:13:57 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 06:01:40 PM »
It was amusing - they need a flute player with rock style, and where do you look for THAT? Well, there's one that people think of - Ian from Jethro Tull.  But Justin Hayward had already played a traveling gig with Norda Mullen, so they called her. Ian missed his big shot to play the flute piece he'd been wanting to do for 40 years.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 05:15:32 AM »
And Anderson can actially play "politely" too, though his trademark is of course sounding like he is giving cunnilingus to the darn flute.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...