Author Topic: RIP, Magnolia the three-legged Calico.  (Read 1944 times)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RIP, Magnolia the three-legged Calico.
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 11:03:52 AM »
I'm sorry for your loss, Denis.

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 12:10:32 PM »
So sorry Denis.  We love all of our cats.  It is very hard to lose one.  Great story about Magnolia.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 08:11:47 AM »
RIP Magnolia. Thanks for being a good human to her Denis.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 04:41:20 AM »
Thanks, guys. A couple of mornings this week on the way to work I've passed a stretch of woods and have seen a calico out stalking breakfast. Makes me think of Magnolia though I wouldn't let her outside because of traffic, etc.
I have a thousand stories about that cat running through my head. Lots of great memories of her. :)
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 11:54:37 AM »
Thanks, guys. A couple of mornings this week on the way to work I've passed a stretch of woods and have seen a calico out stalking breakfast. Makes me think of Magnolia though I wouldn't let her outside because of traffic, etc.
I have a thousand stories about that cat running through my head. Lots of great memories of her. :)

I know what that is like.  I had a Norwegian forest cat for fifteen years.  One day there was another cat almost just like her playing out in the front yard.  It was almost like having her back.  I'll never have another cat, though, because the traffic gets worse here literally every day.  The cat I had was able to avoid it very well.  But it's so bad now, even she might have a problem with it. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 05:11:40 PM »
I've seen one Norwegian Forest Cat and it was big! It had a nice temperament though. Big cats are cool.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 10:59:49 PM »
I've seen one Norwegian Forest Cat and it was big! It had a nice temperament though. Big cats are cool.

This particular one wasn't big.  But I've been around a friend's cats that are Siberian.  Some of them are big.  Also, they somewhat remind me of Norwegian Forest cats.  Both the Siberian and Norwegian seem to be rare in the U.S.  Both have similar temperaments and like being around humans a lot. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal