Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

Advice needed - 70s P neck on a new Aerodyne body?

<< < (5/8) > >>

Dave W:
I realize that you already have the Richter preamp plate, but if it bothers you that much, get a three hole plate as Daniel suggested, go stack knob with a separate preamp. You can always sell the Richter or save it for your next project.

ilan:
It's not a preamp, just a PCB with minimal wiring and supposedly less hum and no need for shielding the cavity. It's wired vol/balance/tone - more logical to me than VVT for a 2-pickup 3-knob setting.

It's either sending back the body and having another one made (and waiting 2-3 months), or living with the side jack hole. Still haven't made up my mind.

FrankieTbird:
You could use the side jack, pull the jack out of the plate and use the hole for some sort of switch, like a pickup switch.  Or maybe the Richter will line up with the holes in the 3-hole plate if you're really lucky.  Or you can make your own plate out of stainless or polished aluminum.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: ilan on April 18, 2018, 07:04:03 AM ---It's not a preamp, just a PCB with minimal wiring and supposedly less hum and no need for shielding the cavity. It's wired vol/balance/tone - more logical to me than VVT for a 2-pickup 3-knob setting.

It's either sending back the body and having another one made (and waiting 2-3 months), or living with the side jack hole. Still haven't made up my mind.

--- End quote ---

If I were you, I'd sell it locally and buy another before going to the shipping expense of sending it back.

Otherwise, you can always find something to plug either one of the jack holes. Even an amp jewel light. It wouldn't have to be wired in.

Chris P.:
A producer's switch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version