Author Topic: New Year's eve with The Nasty Habits  (Read 2545 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
New Year's eve with The Nasty Habits
« on: January 01, 2009, 09:22:42 PM »

So this new Year's eve was a repeat of last year for The Nasty Habits, we played a place called Little Red Studio in downtown Seattle. It's owned by an Erotic Arts Theater group and most folks that attend are at least of a somewhat alternative lifestyle - thus we fit right in. Its a large two storey space, that's nicely decorated and easily holds 250 people. We played 3 45 minute sets and had a great time, even had the chance to go out front to see the fireworks get shot off the Space Needle. There was one unfortunate thing for me tho, my Fenderbird came along as my back up bass to the Nikki Bird and during the third set I somehow slipped my cord over some part of its stand and pulled it face first onto the stage  :-[  At first it didn't appear to have done anything to it, but sadly I discovered later that the rear pickup cover had taken a serious blow and is quite dented.............Guess I'm on the lookout for a new one.       

Here's the stage after we finished soundcheck, the venue's principle is an *artist* and does these very large canvases.............

I'm just having a good time with my new bass, which BTW sounded great! Its a wonderful player and I'm liking its somewhat thumpy goodness.

Gratuitous Space Needle fireworks.............. It was cold and rainy out!

And it wasn't all work, here I am with my bandmate Ginger.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

PWV

• View Profile
Re: New Year's eve with The Nasty Habits
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 10:43:55 PM »
Cool pics Mark (is that fireworks shot from Capitol Hill? ) - bummer about the Fenderbird.  Good thing it wasn't the Nikki that took a header though, could have been worse!

All is right with the world when one is playing on New Year's Eve.... 

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 03:56:00 AM »
Looks like a fun gig Mark ! while sitting on the couch watching my family nod off waiting for midnight I found myself wishing I had a gig NYE ! Mark greatdealz1967 on ebay has more 70's Thunderbird pick up covers up for 29 bucks  each ! I just bought another two. get 'em while they are hot !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 07:40:18 AM »
Looks like a great time!  My NYE gig was pretty dull.  They served beige food...
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 01:26:58 PM »

Well,

Here's a shot of the dented pup cover.................... :sad:
Haven't been on Ebay yet but I'm happy there's some out there to get at a reasonable price.
Cool pics Mark (is that fireworks shot from Capitol Hill? ) - bummer about the Fenderbird.  Good thing it wasn't the Nikki that took a header though, could have been worse!

All is right with the world when one is playing on New Year's Eve.... 

Dave, were on the corner of Dexter and Harrison at the north end of the Battery St. Tunnel, by KING5 TV. 

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 05:39:21 PM »
That doesn't look that bad. As long as the pickup is still working and nothing else broke, it's just a gig scar. Still, get those NOS covers while you can.

rockinrayduke

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 06:12:03 PM »
True, now the bass has a story to tell.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 07:10:22 PM »
True, now the bass has a story to tell.

Here's the abridged version.............
 "My owner was dancing around like an idiot and pulled me off my stand" - Face first!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 07:18:40 PM »
Mark, I picked up one of these for the BaCHBird.  He's still got a few, so this should fix you up right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Gibson-NOS-Parts-Thunderbird-Bass-Pickup-Cover_W0QQitemZ260339207861QQihZ016QQcategoryZ7266QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 09:22:21 PM »
Bummer :sad: :sad:  The dent has got to suck!  Still, I'm with Dave if'n it works it's a battle scar.... ;)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 11:44:32 PM »
Shame about the dent Mark but That F-bird sure is purty.

We played over at Streaky bay (home of the Great White Shark and I dont mean Greg Norman) on the Eyre peninsula NYE. About 6 hours by road from Adelaide. Its a town of about 1200 ppl which has a fireworks display on NYE and attracts about 3000 people from all over the place. About 1500 of them spent most of the night in the pub listening to us. Great gig and a great payer.
Digresion our specialty!

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 07:04:54 AM »
If you dent the other one in the same spot, everyone will think it's a design feature.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 08:43:25 PM »
If you dent the other one in the same spot, everyone will think it's a design feature.

Is that the pickup version of 2 identical mistakes in a row makes it Jazz?
Digresion our specialty!

thunderwmn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 03:47:46 AM »
Mark, These are great Pictures!  Looks like you all had a blast.  I love your bass, outfit and purple hair.  Awesome. ;D
I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 09:24:40 AM »
 Thank you!

Being a *girl* in a band is sometimes very hot, sweaty work..........but fun and satisfiying too.
I was pretty happy to get home about 4:15am and hit the shower  ;)   

Forgot to add, the pup cover is on it way..................I'll be performing it's lobotomy soon!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:07:58 AM by TBird1958 »