Author Topic: Keep on rockin' (with a bad back)  (Read 2510 times)

Blackbird

• View Profile
Re: Keep on rockin' (with a bad back)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 06:16:46 AM »
I'm 40 now, and my L5S1 was 'slipped' or herniated back when I was 25.  I was working as a cook, and put a stack of large baking sheets on the bottom rack of a shelf, then the next minute my breath is gone and I cannot move. 

One week of non-movement.  Seemed OK, but then less than a year later it went again, and has not been the same since.  My feet tingle all the time, and it always feel like it will go again.  I can exercise etc..but I have limits.  I had two bad flare-ups since then...one was bad that it took my 45 minutes to get from my car to the massage therapist where it was a 10 stroll at best.

I bought a tempurpedic bed, that has helped with stability - not pain free at all - but no flare up.  My last real flare up happened in 2006 when I went to hop up on the corner of a counter...when I got down to walk...I couldn't.  Not one painkiller perscription worked....would sleep for 2-3 hours a night crouched in some kinda upright fetal position. 

As far as playing goes, we're original, so we are a one set stop.  My T-birds aren't heavy to me, but the new Gibson Comfort strap has been great.  I also use MarkBass gear because it's light, and sounds great to boot.  I can carry the 104HF front ported cab on my own - provided I use caution.

But everyday there's pain, and they won't operate saying it may make things worse.

rexdiablo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 07:02:21 PM »
I race bicycles, rather poorly. I've crashed and broken my C4, T5, T6, T7, and L3.  T5 & T7 twice. Used to compete on skateboards, broken my extremities a bunch then, too. I've been real lucky though, so long as I stay active and don't let my musculature go to hell I can avoid surgery.
Go fast, take chances.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »
... so long as I stay active and don't let my musculature go to hell ...

... 'cos payback's a b*tch ... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...