Author Topic: Help with Spanish  (Read 2130 times)

Rocker949

Help with Spanish
« on: April 04, 2009, 09:32:38 AM »
Does anyone know how to say "no soliciting" or "no solicitors" in Spanish?

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Spanish
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 09:47:23 AM »
I 've seen NingĂșn Solicitar beneath No Soliciting on manufactured bilingual signs.

Rocker949

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 11:13:54 AM »
Thanks, I've got to do something, even if it means making my own sign. 

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:50:01 AM »
Check free online translation sites?
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Rocker949

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 11:13:35 AM »
I believe what Dave gave me was correct.  My problem is I have a huge oak tree in the front yard.  Maybe it is because the economy is so bad, but people are always coming by wanting to trim it.  The part close to the street has already been trimmed and it doesn't pose any danger to anyone.  It may need trimming some more, but frankly I don't care; I have other things to do.  One guy actually asked $400 to trim it.  It has reached the point that for the first time in my life I have completely stopped answering the door. 

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 03:58:42 PM »
Maybe you should put up a second bilingual sign: "Don't even ask about the oak tree."

Rocker949

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 06:45:19 PM »
I might also need to put up a sign in Spanish which says that I don't want to sell my truck.  The same guy has been knocking on my door for about five days in a row now.  Today I finally couldn't stand it anymore, so I went to the door.  It was a Mexican telling me that he wanted to buy my truck.  I told him it was the only form of transportation I had and I really wasn't interested in selling it.  Still, he insisted that he knew someone who would probably want to buy it and acted like this was some kind of big favor to me.  He was a nice guy, very well-mannered, but still very persistent.  This isn't the first time this has happened with someone wanting to buy the truck, although there are far more people who are totally gung-ho about wanting to trim the oak tree for lots of money. 

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:49:09 PM »
Hang this sign on the truck after translation:

Truck for sale: $50,000.

8)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Rocker949

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 10:09:10 PM »
Hang this sign on the truck after translation:

Truck for sale: $50,000.

8)

That's a good one.  Seriously, though, the last person who wanted to buy the truck got really angry when I didn't want to sell it.  This last one just appeared to be mildly irritated, although the irritation was certainly obvious.  I just don't understand this mentality.  It seems to me that if you wanted to buy a truck or car, it would make a lot more sense to actually try to buy it from someone who was trying to sell it in the first place. 

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 10:13:06 PM »
Sorry, I missed this thread. If I'm right you need someone to cut your oak tree? I can send some Mexican relatives if you like? One of 'm needs a truck. Any ideas where to get one?

Rocker949

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »
Sorry, I missed this thread. If I'm right you need someone to cut your oak tree? I can send some Mexican relatives if you like? One of 'm needs a truck. Any ideas where to get one?

Lo siento.  No entiendo ingles muy bien.  Necessito de practicar.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 11:27:17 PM »
 ;D

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 04:18:00 AM »
I believe what Dave gave me was correct.  My problem is I have a huge oak tree in the front yard.  Maybe it is because the economy is so bad, but people are always coming by wanting to trim it.  The part close to the street has already been trimmed and it doesn't pose any danger to anyone.  It may need trimming some more, but frankly I don't care; I have other things to do.  One guy actually asked $400 to trim it.  It has reached the point that for the first time in my life I have completely stopped answering the door. 

Send them all to Mark's house - he was lamenting in another thread about having to trim his own bush.  ;D
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 04:24:23 PM »
Now that's below the belt...  :o
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...