Author Topic: R.I.P. Mark Adams  (Read 1556 times)

Hornisse

R.I.P. Mark Adams
« on: March 07, 2011, 01:11:51 PM »
http://www.soultracks.com/story-mark-adams-slave-dies

One funky bass player!  I remember learning this song when I was just starting out on bass back in 1977.

Hornisse

Re: R.I.P. Mark Adams
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
I paid tribute to him on Friday nite at O'Briens in Temple TX.  During an 8 bar break on a medley song we do I threw in the solo part to "Slide."  I guess not too many funk bassists at the old Outpost.

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 04:41:41 AM »
i am not a funk bassist but i want to say that peer to peer tribute is one of the highest forms of aknowledgement as common interest is the basis. thank you.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 11:59:18 AM »
RIP - hadn't heard them before, but that is a cool bassline and tone.

I guess not too many funk bassists at the old Outpost.

Funk/soul are among my favorite genres of music to just sit down and jam along with.  Some of the greatest bass-related guilty pleasures to be found there.

I could go on forever...

Oh, and I like the new avatar ;D

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 12:12:45 PM by chromium »

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 04:16:02 PM »
Got to be honest, it's not my genre, but as I pointed out on another thread, the passing of anyone that has been an influence...

RIP

(edit for your post below, Robert... my own age... Death just don't give age any respect...)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:24:19 PM by Kenny's 51st State »
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Hornisse

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 04:47:01 PM »
Some great clips.  I always liked the T-Connection song.  And we lost Marvin Isley last year as well.  No details about Mark Adams death have been released but he was only 51. 

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 05:19:55 PM »
This was my pal Eric's band, a black funk band on Atlantic/WB called KLEEER (three???? "E"s.) He was the keyboard player or as he says "the token white guy." This track is loooong with keyb & bass solos....12-inch dance single I guess. Eric loves telling about playing Madison Square Garden with these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D3kHkXGJJs&feature=related

I've played with him in the past...good player. Loves his old analog synths and B3....and his motorcycle and guns :)

Matter of fact, he designed & patented his own handgun and now has his own gun company named after him -- Rohrbaugh!! I remember him coming around asking us if we'd invest to help him make 9mm handguns. Everyone thought he was mad as a hatter.

Now the police use guns with his name on them! Cool.

http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/

Hornisse

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 07:48:23 PM »
I love Norman Durham's work with Kleeer!  Woody Cunningham passed away last year as well.  He was a solid drummer.