Author Topic: Epi Tbird pickups  (Read 1437 times)

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
Epi Tbird pickups
« on: March 31, 2008, 02:52:27 PM »
Well today I was feeling kinda bored, so I decided to check my Epi pickups with my multimeter.
Imagine my surprise when I saw about 6,85K ONLY on each pickups! I thought it had some hothothot pickups, but 6,85 is kinda vintagey...
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

lowendgenerator

• I'm not a retard, but I play one on stage...
    • View Profile
    • Destructive Playthings
Re: Epi Tbird pickups
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 01:33:49 PM »
I was playing back and forth between a standard Epi Tbird and the Goth Tbird. The Goth sounded a little hotter/grindy than the standard. I still ended up taking the standard home, simply because it played better and had less play wear on it. I assume they are the same pickups?
Thunderbird > BDDI > SVT-CL > 4x10 CL + 1x18 = :)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 01:04:41 AM »
If I'm right only the new blackbird (the one with only one toggle switch) has different pick ups, a narrower neck and different body wood.

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 06:49:41 AM »
The Epi blackbird supposedly has a gibson t-bird neck profile.  If I ever have to deploy to the desert again I'm going get one.  I am very curious about the pick ups in them.  If they're hotter than the normal epi bird pups than I might not wait until my next deployment, and just get one sooner.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

lowendgenerator

• I'm not a retard, but I play one on stage...
    • View Profile
    • Destructive Playthings
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 07:23:23 AM »
I'm thinking about shaving my Epi Bird's neck down to better resemble the Gibson neck. That sucker is huge!
Thunderbird > BDDI > SVT-CL > 4x10 CL + 1x18 = :)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 02:05:19 AM »
The Epi Blackbird is all of those: Boosted mids in the pups compared to reg Epi TBs (bit Grabber'ish), Gibson style sleek neck and slightly thicker maho body than reg Epis, regular Epi TBs have alder bodies, buth Goth TBs have maho bodies too). Finally, the neck pup is closer to the neck too than on reg Epi TBs.

Uwe

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...