Author Topic: Unknown Gibbie pickup  (Read 2675 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Gibbie pickup
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 09:58:15 AM »

Voilà! Third bass from the top, the legendary/object of derision in this inane forum only 20/20, a Ned Steinberger design at the advent of Gibson taking over near bankrupt Steinberger Guitars in the late eighties.

I don't remember anyone deriding the 20/20 here. Or at the Pit. We all realize it's the inevitable wave of the future.  :P

I still think it was designed by Aldous Huxley.

Now you did get ridiculed about the purple clown bass. Although I can't imagine why.

Bernardduur

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »
You got that wrong: he takes people with unusual stage outfits very serious...

I knew that picture would come back to haunt me......... :D luckily I never posted the picture of me in a short dress on stage.........
Full one pelvic bass shaggin'

Technophobia; pedals and more

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 04:34:06 PM »

"luckily I never posted the picture of me in a short dress on stage.........'

No worries, I've broken them in.  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 02:06:43 AM »
:D

Okay, I may be the only one who didn't know it yet. Maybe everyone knows, but me. Then sorry about that... But I am not from England and I really tried to understand cricket but after hours of watching it I still don't...

But yesterday I read about a certain kind of cricket called 20/20. The I saw a picture of a cricket bat besides that article and I had it.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 09:19:57 AM »
:D

Okay, I may be the only one who didn't know it yet. Maybe everyone knows, but me. Then sorry about that... But I am not from England and I really tried to understand cricket but after hours of watching it I still don't...

But yesterday I read about a certain kind of cricket called 20/20. The I saw a picture of a cricket bat besides that article and I had it.

I never heard of it either, just looked it up now (here), and it was only introduced in 2003. Much shorter game, slightly different rules.

But it couldn't just be coincidence that they named it that!  ;D  Do you think Ned Steinberger designed those 20/20 bats?  ;)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 04:07:58 AM »
Okay, so 20/20 cricket can only be in honour of the bass:)

Any other takes on the 20/20 bass name?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 06:53:58 AM »
20/20 stands for clearest vision/eyesight, right? I think that is what they were alluding to unless it is a coded version for the sexual practice of 69 as forever commemorated by Herr Bryan Adams (no, he was not singing about the year!). But then Gibson bass names haven often been a bit silly ("Money", except that it didn't make them any!) or non-descript (all those countless number and letter combinations). Thunderbird was/is catchy. And so were Victory, Ripper and Grabber, but EB-Whatever or L-9S (originally for the Ripper)?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...