Author Topic: Trade my all original sunburst 1965 T Bird for a 1964 Sunburst Jazz bass  (Read 10307 times)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
I have an all original unbroken sunburst 1965 Thunderbird II with the original case, covers and even the hang tag...anybody have an all original sunburst 1964 Jazz bass for trade???? I have the Noel Redding jones in me......

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
BAZ! What? A Jazz Bass? Now I know you're off your meds. LOL! Kidding.... 60s Jazz Basses are some of the best basses I've ever played. .

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Baz............. Keep the Tbird buy a reissue Fender. My '62 RI is the best Jazz I have ever owned. I hear the new RIs coming out are even better.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Once that Thunderbird is gone, it's gone forever. Consider Scott's suggestion!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
Baz............. Keep the Tbird buy a reissue Fender. My '62 RI is the best Jazz I have ever owned. I hear the new RIs coming out are even better.

Parts is parts, here's a Jazzmutt I just built with stuff I've had lying around for a few years. Fender Japan body, 'Genuine Fender Replacement' neck, DiMarzios, etc.  Plays and sounds fantastic.

Anybody can build just about any Fender he wants, all sorts of vendors selling the components.  Not possible with ThunderBirds.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Dude you are going to hate yourself in the morning.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
 Those Dimarzio J pups are the bomb!
Parts is parts, here's a Jazzmutt I just built with stuff I've had lying around for a few years. Fender Japan body, 'Genuine Fender Replacement' neck, DiMarzios, etc.  Plays and sounds fantastic.

Anybody can build just about any Fender he wants, all sorts of vendors selling the components.  Not possible with ThunderBirds.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
Those Dimarzio J pups are the bomb!

Digging the way they look as well as sound with EXL165s.  I also have a set on a Warmoth body and a P/J set on another.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Dude you are going to hate yourself in the morning.

Yeah, I know...that is why I wanted a 1964....not a repro or a copy or a parts built.....no offense...just my taste....quit my band Monday due to my Drummer's Mental Illness and my Guitar player's ego...just felt like selling it all and buying a 1964 Jazz because I started out by listening to Hendrix.....Robin Trower.....Not sure what I am going to do...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:11:37 AM by Basil T. "Baz" Cooper »

nofi

• View Profile
trower had a p bass in his band...
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Yes, a Black Pre CBS P bass.... and before that Jimmy had a Gibson EB-1 bass with an Ampeg SVT with 2 4x12 cabs...
I don't know what I am going to do...just chill out and HOPR to find a new band...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Man, I sure would keep that Thunderbird...
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...

That's a great idea!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com

Thunderbirds are eternal!

7ender = parts bass.

Do what Scott said  :)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...