Author Topic: Post a random bass guitar thought...  (Read 18395 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Post a random bass guitar thought...
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2011, 09:12:38 AM »

All a matter of preference............

But a bass with un-notched saddles doesn't work well for me, I play way too hard! - So the Orville made the trip to Mike Lull's on Friday to get some notches filed.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
if you play an obvious wrong note repeat it several times. people will think you are playing 'outside' and applaud your innovative style.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »
if you play an obvious wrong note repeat it several times. people will think you are playing 'outside' and applaud your innovative style.

Thass called jazz, mon!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2011, 06:59:21 PM »
....... I play way too hard!

What?  with those delicate gurly hands of yours?  ;)
Digresion our specialty!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2011, 07:18:07 PM »
What?  with those delicate gurly hands of yours?  ;)

My playing style would likely make most guys cringe.......It's a furious downstroke assualt on the strings with the pick often hitting the rear pickup,  I break E's and A's on a regular basis. I recall one night that was the first show I played on a new set of DR's on my black  '77 'Bird - they were dead shot after 3 hours and they went into the trash. It's bad form, probably bad for my arm muscles too but it get the job done.

If my pinkie were a little longer..................I'd need an Opti-Grab  ;D

Here I'm beating up on my '76.....

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2011, 10:58:12 AM »
Calloused hands that intrepidly go where no man has gone before ...  :-[
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2011, 01:54:32 PM »
Do you recognize this?
You have always kept some parts of an old radio, tapedeck, or whatever, in a shoe box.
You've decided to throw them away because haven't needed any of them in more than 25 years.
A week later you find out you need something, and you're sure you had it in that shoe box.
That sucks.
Very bad.

I'm never throwing stuff away again.
Or should I say, none of my stuff  :mrgreen:

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »
Do you recognize this?
You have always kept some parts of an old radio, tapedeck, or whatever, in a shoe box.
You've decided to throw them away because haven't needed any of them in more than 25 years.
A week later you find out you need something, and you're sure you had it in that shoe box.
That sucks.
Very bad.

That's me.  I recently pulled out a couple of stereo mounting brackets that came with a Muntz 8-track and fabricated a mount from them.

A moment's reflection will suffice to tell you how long THOSE have been kicking around in one of my toolboxes.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2011, 09:09:48 PM »
That's me.  I recently pulled out a couple of stereo mounting brackets that came with a Muntz 8-track and fabricated a mount from them.

A moment's reflection will suffice to tell you how long THOSE have been kicking around in one of my toolboxes.

Ah, I hadn't thought of Mad Man Muntz in years. I thought he only made 4-tracks though. Just how many business failures did he have?

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2011, 05:40:50 AM »
Do you recognize this?
That sucks.
Very bad.

Yea, I discovered that many years ago. You should see my basement.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2011, 09:59:55 AM »
I grew up on four acres in the country - we had a garage with two bays, a shop with another bay next to that, and a separate 150' x 50' building which was originally a chicken operation but which we cleaned out and turned into car & boat storage.  One whole end of that outbuilding had 2x12's on concrete blocks with car parts - Ford flathead, Pontiac 389, Studebaker straight six and Fiat 1100/1200 series.

In back of the outbuilding, for parts we had a 1950 Studebaker hardtop (thoroughly rusted and not worth much), a couple of Oldsmobiles, a 1959 Fiat 1200 sedan, and about four late 50's Mercedes 200-series sedans.  They all were hauled off and recycled - fortunately we knew the guy in our county who did that - an old family friend.

In addition, we had a couple of spare engines in the garage we had pulled out of various cars, and my dad was a great woodworker who had quite a bit of lumber and materials stored.  He had two vertical storage units about 6' x 4' that had shelves every 8 inches or so to hold nails, screws, and all other kinds of fasteners.  LOTS of hardware.

In 1996 when my parents had to move from the country to town, FIRST the four kids took everything of theirs and that they wanted, THEN a group of students and friends of dad's loaded up four big horse trailers and moved them, THEN we had an auction company come in and held a two-day auction.

We gotcha pack rat right cheer!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2011, 01:21:31 PM »
I have a Peter Cook pup sitting in a box, somewhere...

I know EXACTLY where your at, Rob...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2011, 05:22:58 AM »
Do you recognize this?
That sucks.
Very bad.

Someone else is making a stage show off that observation