Author Topic: cats & their basses  (Read 23213 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: cats & their basses
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 10:23:01 PM »
Nice Vox Essex.  I've had a couple of them.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 12:57:27 AM »
Hi guys,

The Vox is just a cheap oriental and modern T-25. Nice looks and great for playing at home, at radio stations or really small livingroom concerts.

Curtis is always licking guitar and bass strings. And pulling them with his paws. My brother was really confused when he heard some guitar noises without seeing anyone playing. He was even more confused when I told him it was just the cat:)

Both cats howl and make funny noises when someone plays guitar or bass. Like they're singing. It sounds like they hate it, but they never walk away and always sit at your lap if you play guitar. Strange isn't it? But I hear those stories all the time.

Bart!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 03:16:14 AM »
Curtis licking the Hello Kitty guitar is a great shot.  :)
+1!

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 09:02:03 AM »
oh, i see what's going on here. you are using your innocent cats to pimp all of your gear. very clever, but evil. :) they are probably plotting a messy and fragrant revenge even as you read this. :o

I've always been very careful about not leaving cases open when the cats are around. One time we had a party here with the band. When the keyboard player came to pick his gear up next day, he found one of the cats had left a pungent review in his gig bag. Probably complaining about an overlong version of Green Onions, I thought, though the cat wasn't called Booker T.

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 03:13:16 PM »
Hey Chris - thanks for posting - I was waiting for those pics! Plus there were some new ones in there - +2 on the string-licking shot!

I've always been very careful about not leaving cases open when the cats are around. One time we had a party here with the band. When the keyboard player came to pick his gear up next day, he found one of the cats had left a pungent review in his gig bag. Probably complaining about an overlong version of Green Onions, I thought, though the cat wasn't called Booker T.
People talk about the more recent Rickenbacker cases smelling great, but I have one that smells like a combination of vanilla and cat pee. I'm not sure if that's the smell other people are getting, but I don't like it, and to top things off, the bass smells like that too! So I only let my cat in the case with supervision! Here she is in my Starfire case:

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 03:14:33 PM »
People talk about the more recent Rickenbacker cases smelling great, but I have one that smells like a combination of vanilla and cat pee. I'm not sure if that's the smell other people are getting, but I don't like it, and to top things off, the bass smells like that too!

So its a Pee bass?

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 07:44:28 AM »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 09:13:33 AM »
Too much feline growth hormone?

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 12:51:33 AM »
You can see he really doesn't like guitars. Curtis is a bass player.

HornetAMX

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 01:51:51 PM »
This is Candy Corn trying to slap on my '89 Foundation.

hieronymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 06:47:09 PM »
Great pictures so far!

I've got a new one, but this time it's "cats & their bass speaker cabs":

Sadie is so good - the first time she jumped on the cab she started to scratch, so I told her "no" and she hasn't done it since. I think her previous owners were strong in disciplining her - harsh, in fact, because I know that for several years she was forced to be an outdoor cat even though they had other cats that were indoors. Now she's queen of the roost! (If I'm not mixing my metaphors)

nofi

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 09:11:53 AM »
if you notice that everytime something new comes into the house your cats or cats will immediatly sit or stand on it or around as if to say "your mine now". being catless at the moment i have had several dozen in my life and have seen just about every strange thing a cat could do or try to do.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 03:39:28 PM »
Check my avatar:)

hieronymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 04:37:06 PM »
Another pic of Sadie on the speaker cabinet - this is one of her favorite spots now, though I have no idea why she was sitting with her butt sticking off the edge!

And a new category - "cats & their effects"! Sadie with RE-20 Space Echo:

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 11:33:21 PM »
though I have no idea why she was sitting with her butt sticking off the edge!

Booker T. has the whole couch to sit on, but he's always sitting on the remote control of the tv. Can't be comfortable, but he does it all the time.

Great pics!