Author Topic: New vid by The La La Lies  (Read 4129 times)

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
Re: New vid by The La La Lies
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 04:46:52 AM »
At last got around to check your video. I really like the song, it's got a nice mid 60's feeling which I can't explain at the moment. Just a feeling...
And the video - that's a great one! When the feeling around the table changes as the instrumental part comes around, the woman starts to smile. And then, at the ending, when the gentleman in the hat rings the door that he left two minutes earlier. Round and round and round we spin! Really nice!

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 08:07:43 AM »

:D Nice said:)

I think it is. Of course for the vid only.
The singer tried a lot of (expensive) mics and we ended up using an SM57 for all vocals...

That's my go to for (live ) vocals too.  Works with the growly and bass-baritone things I do mostly better than a 58, with insanely low sibilance and great gain before feedback.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 05:39:23 PM »
Thanks!! yes our singer started to sing more and to shout less... Better imho, but sometimes I mis his shouting. New songs seem to be a bit harder and rougher. Maybe as reaction on this album?

I really enjoyed the shouting better, but again still a great effort. Some really nice guitar work here as well. The bass work is kept more simple serving the song, which is fine, but I also miss your more fluid melodic playing of your earlier recordings.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 05:11:14 AM »
With my former band Boilersuit we had only a singer who played rhythm guitar, so I had all the space to be melodic. With this band I double the guitars a lot. But lately we do more and more with only one guitar and I'm back on some more melodic playing:)