Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Please play "Guess That Bass for me

<< < (3/4) > >>

daan:
I guessed it might be a fake Cassidy bass, so while putzing around the net I found THIS
https://airline-guitars.netfirms.com/savannah_std.html
Maybe whatever factory in China made the guitars, they ran off a bunch of "no name" copies to sell themselves. Or something...
The next time I work "in town" I'll go check it out again. My Hondo isn't playable again, and I'm real tired of working on it, so I'll see what they say about trading them. I figure, I'll be able to find another J bass copy if I get the urge, but EB-2 style basses are kinda thin on the ground by me.

daan:

--- Quote from: Basvarken on August 29, 2017, 03:50:58 AM ---
But that upper horn sure doesn't look good. All wobbly curve without nice tension.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it does kind of look like it got stung by something, and swelled up, doesn't it?

Alanko:
Revelation market a broadly similar bass here in the UK:

To wit, a generic Chinese hollow/semi-hollow bass. The blank headstock might simply mean that it was a sample or prototype for an importer, who would then have their logo installed on the headstock. Beyond that there is some random hollow Chinese stuff on Ebay sometimes.

Dave W:
It doesn't look like anything recent to me. More like an older MIJ or MIK bass.

Alanko:
The plastic is on the minibuckers, which suggests it is new (or a case queen). The oversized plastic surrounds on the minibuckers are the same as seen elsewhere on new basses, such as those Les Paul shaped Gretsch basses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version