Author Topic: TOM PETERSSON'S (Now Baz Cooper) Old Hamer T bird 8 string Bass in action  (Read 3135 times)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
We are called Sona Bliss. This is a live show from last night at the Elbo Room!!

nofi

• View Profile
all i get is a thirty second add then an eternity of empty stage video.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Not working at all for me (using Firefox with Adblock Plus). Just a still shot of an audience.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
  doesn't work for me either.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
No gotz dude.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

saltymonkey

• View Profile
I watched a bunch of it. I had to drag the start point of the video well across the frame before there was any activity. I guess they just turn it on at the beginning of the eve and let it roll. Sounds like a fun band to play in. The sound quality through my comp speakers and probably from what the venue recorded with was a little lacking in bass but the songs are tight. I love a power trio. Like the black suits too. Speaking of 8 strings, your old Coral NR8 just arrived at my door about an hour ago. What a beautiful rock and roll monster. That thing just roars and the build quality is absolutely stunning. None of the pictures I saw do it justice. It's so much nicer in person. It plays and feels great. I'm so glad I bought it. The neighbors are not going to be happy this weekend.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
AWESOME!!! I Built the Tahiti Coral NR 8 to replace the Hamer after I sold it 10 years ago!!!!! And it's funny that Tom Petersson wound up with one of my 8 string basses..and used the Futura as well on stage.... He wanted the Hamer 8 string back...but I said NO WAY!!!! I'm taking this to the grave!!!! Unless Tom Traded me a 12 string AND a vintage T bird II...unbroken!!!

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
I got nothin'.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I clicked on it an hour in was rewarded with Thunderbird goodness and some great, rockin' power pop. I like it! 

4stringer77

• View Profile
Nice work! The Hamer was cool but the white T bird II sounded like buttah!
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Hörnisse

• View Profile
Very nice!  It is always good to play with a solid drummer like that guy.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Thanks Guys... We were in one of the biggest original bands back from 1989-1991 when we got a $750,000. Record deal with Mercury. We used to outdraw the Smashing Pumplins... In fact..Billy Corgan was a big fan...our old name then was Daisy Chain....then was changed to Mind Bomb......our new sopngs are far superior to Daisy Chain....... same guitarist and same drummer..both my 2 favorite guitarist and drummer. I really appreciate your comments as well as Compliments!!!!

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Now that I've been able to listen to it, I think the T-bird II sounds a lot better.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Hmmmm..interesting...2 votes for the T bird II....Hmmm....