Author Topic: Wishbass - the end  (Read 3271 times)

chromium

• View Profile
Re: Wishbass - the end
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 11:04:54 AM »
That really sucks.  Home fire is one of biggest fears.
Hope he's able to resurrect everything and keep doing what he loves.

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 08:50:00 PM »
That sucks.

While I was not a fan of his basses, any industry always needs madman dreamers on its fringe.
I hope he can rebuild.

I lost everything I owned except two basses and an amp years ago in a house fire. Left sitting in a fire truck with just my jeans on in a snow storm. Definitely sucked watching all my stuff being thrown out windows in flames by firemen. All they saved was a pair of snow boots that were my ex-roommate's and a tree stump I used for a table. At least they made me laugh.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 10:56:18 PM »
The one thing I don't buy about his story is the reason he didn't have insurance. He says it was because it was zoned residential. But there are all kinds of home based businesses in residential-zoned neighborhoods, and most homeowners policies can have business coverage added. My guess is that either it was uninsurable because of its poor condition or that he was unwilling to spend the money to upgrade the building or to pay extra for the insurance.

Still, if people want to fund his rebuilding, or help fund it, that's fine.

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 08:01:03 AM »
I think it might be difficult to obtain insurance for a work shop that is heated by a woodstove.