Author Topic: Well, Hell! The past doesn't die with You Tube around....  (Read 605 times)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Well, Hell! The past doesn't die with You Tube around....
« on: August 10, 2012, 09:29:47 PM »
I was poking around You Tube tonight and clicked on a half dozen links and stumbled across somehting for Houston/Punk/Power Pop early 80's and recognized a few band names and clicked the guys link.  So there's my old band - the guy knows more about the band than I remember, that might have been the beer, rum, tequilla, etc. fogging my memory, he has our "self produced" single and and even a clip of one of our later live shows.  Keep in mind this was 30 years ago ;D  The single we recorded in less than four hours in Austin and our engineer ran the tape to fast - hence the speed freak tempo.  I remember that studio time and pressing a couple of hundred singles was about a grand and you can hear what little a grand got us.  Pro Tools where were you?

If you dare click on his blog link the rest of it......

Some observations:

A) Damn! Was I ever skinny!

B) I was more or less in tune on the backing vocals - if they could actually be called that :rolleyes:

C) I miss my old '62 Pbass and my Acoustic 370  :sad:  Sacrificed for rent and groceries

D) My wife kept the Betsy Johnson checkerboard shirt and my Beatle Boots - the boots I can still wear :P

E) I'm fairly certain the girl slinking around the floor in front the camera was a stripper that had a thing for our guitarist - same dance,   
same speed, not matter what the tempo - hot, sleazy and scary at the same time  :o

F)  Damn!  Was I ever skinny!

G)  At 19 I somehow thought more notes was a good thing :-[

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Well, Hell! The past doesn't die with You Tube around....
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 01:25:16 AM »
Can't watch the vid on Blackberry, but love your observations!.

And mentioning the stripper here was of course a sly move ensuring massive hits ... :mrgreen:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Re: Well, Hell! The past doesn't die with You Tube around....
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 08:29:14 AM »
Ah, the stripper!  She was hot but you did know that she had to be carrying something that would eventually kill you or cause cause your brain to turn into a sponge....