Author Topic: Indiana Jones  (Read 2144 times)

angrymatt

• View Profile
Indiana Jones
« on: May 22, 2008, 01:28:20 AM »
I liked the new one.  I heard some grumbling from some people on the way out about the ending.  But I thought it took a few guts, but in the end was worth it.

Though it is a little sad to see one's childhood heroes getting so old.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

Darrol

• View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 01:34:11 AM »
Can't wait to see it. Gonna wait till Sunday to see it with my mom because the friend that I would go with normally decided to go with his parents instead of to the midnight showing.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 03:43:01 AM »
Just saw the midnight showing too, angrymatt. It was ok...all the elements in place...some clever dialog....but all in all pretty cheesy.
3 stars...& that's being generous.

If ya haven't seen IRON MAN, go see that instead~ 5 stars!!!!!

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 07:45:07 AM »
I did see Ironman, it was awesome.  And I am trying (very hard) to remain optimistic about the new Hulk movie.  I'm glad they decided to just ignore the last one.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 07:49:01 AM »
the Hulk previews I have seen look lame again, but who knows.

I heard Indy really Sucked. My son saw it last night. Lamest ending ever, he said (wont spoil it)

nofi

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 04:15:57 AM »
it has amazed me for years that hollywood can consistantly throw tons of money and talent at projects and still turn out such utter crap in staggering numbers. it is much easier to find good music than a good movie, imho.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 04:45:42 AM »
I saw it last night. There should be a rule that action movies should not last longer than 90 minutes. You can only see that many temples falling apart and the ground open up underneath your heroes.

I though that in these days of PC, there would eventually be a good Russian appearing -no such luck, Spielberg balanced the hilarious and tongue-in-cheek anti-commie-angst of the movie with a more seriousminded swipe at McCarthyism.

Frau Blanchet as the commie dominatrix is great and enjoing every minute of her bolshevik Cruella de Stalin role. Ford's wry humor has aged well and Karen Allen isn't a girl anymore, ok - I loved her in The Wanderers. John Heard is just a replaceable side kick in this movie.

I'd say it pales compared to the espirit and fun that permeated Indie I, is probably not much worse than Indie II and not the catastrophy that was Indie III. It's an Indiana Jones movie with ET/Close Encounters influences, but then Spielberg invented all three!

Did I say it is too long?

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 05:04:25 AM »
Yeah, it was pretty lame. The term "cashing in" comes to mind :bored:
If it weren't for special effects and totally beyond belief action scenes, Hollywood would have absolutely nothing to offer.

Rick

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 06:26:29 AM »
This is why we can all still take comfort from a good zombie movie!

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 10:04:24 AM »
This is why we can all still take comfort from a good zombie movie!

Hell Yeah!!!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Max Soren

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 01:39:14 PM »
I had fully intended to go see this movie, but after all of these critical reviews of it I doubt that I will now.  I'm glad I saw this topic.  I checked out some of the comments about it on youtube and they look negative, too. 

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 02:01:30 PM »
I had fully intended to go see this movie, but after all of these critical reviews of it I doubt that I will now.  I'm glad I saw this topic.  I checked out some of the comments about it on youtube and they look negative, too. 
I would say still go see the movie because I have been seeing far more saying they lied it over hating it.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 02:18:48 PM »
Well I just got back from seeing it and I did enjoy it. I will forever wish that if I go by any place that has giant ants, I would be carrying a crystal skull with me. The feel at the start seemed like any other Indiana film but I felt that as it went on, it changed a bit which might be because of how long it has been since they did a Indiana film. The story also seems to be more linear than moving sideways a bit from time to time like I have seen in past ones. I also think that Shia did a good job as Mutt Williams.

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 11:44:45 PM »
I personally feel a lot of the criticisms are ridiculous.  If you go to an Indiana Jones film, you can't gripe about the over the top action, insane close calls, and extreme elements of the fantastic.  You can't tell me the climax of this film is anymore unrealistic or hokey than the knight in the cave of the Holy Grail (or the Grail itself for that matter), or the Sankara Stones in, "Temple."

I kind of liked Mutt.  He was like the poseur greaser.  Not really a hard ass, but trying real hard to be one.
angrymatt, the lurk