Author Topic: R.I.P. Paul Raymond  (Read 1188 times)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
R.I.P. Paul Raymond
« on: April 13, 2019, 09:27:51 AM »
Just read this on facebook:

Hi to all the fans and people who knew Paul! This is Sandra, Paul's life partner speaking: With a desperate and broken heart, fully in tears and pains that feel like they will kill me I have to tell you that my most beautiful and beloved darling Paul Raymond has passed away today. The doctors we're trying to reanimate him and with success at first but then his system shot down again and there was nothing more they could do for him, he died of a heart attack.

He absolutely enjoyed the last couple of weeks touring with UFO in the UK & Ireland and he was looking forward to the rest of this year's tour.

This photo was taken last Wednesday when we checked out of our last hotel before coming back to Germany!

I will always love him and I hope he will rest in piece until I'll see him again on the other side!!!

I love you so much Paul 💔😪 Sandra

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: R.I.P. Paul Raymond
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 10:18:47 AM »

I count myself as fortunate to have UFO with Paul Raymond, Michael Schenker, Phil Moog, Andy Parker and Pete Way, they were a great hard rock band. RIP Paul, thanks for the music and memories.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 12:21:36 PM »
Same as M'Lady, first saw UFO with the "classic" lineup on the Obsession tour, but it is almost exactly just two weeks since I last saw them, and here was me thinking how Phil Mogg looked shakey...

RIP Paul... I'm so shocked... :sad:

A pic I took of him onstage with my phone two saturdays back...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 12:33:24 PM »
Saw him live a couple of times with UFO during the Walk On Water tour.
Schenker was a bit unstable. One night he was on fire. But the other he was not okay (at all).

The way Paul Raymond and Michael Schenker interacted on Strangers In The Night is rather special (in my opinion).
Schenker has never found an instrumentalist who interlocked with him so well as Paul Raymond.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 05:14:55 PM »
The secret was that Paul played lefty guitar strung righty, so he played mostly upstrokes to get bis guitar to sound like a downstroked righty. Schenker is on record for saying that Paul's upstroke sound meshed with his playing like no other.

RIP - on with the action ...
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 07:16:02 AM »
RIP to one of rock's great utility men.