Author Topic: eb3 varitone dial plates  (Read 14173 times)

Larry

• View Profile
Re: eb3 varitone dial plates
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2011, 01:18:09 PM »
You have an EPI Body?  Is it for an EB3 or EB0?  If it is an EB0 Do you have a short scale neck for it?  If it is an EB3 I must have a set neck.  Is it a short scale neck.  I you haven't figured it out yet I am looking to build another EB3 short scale that I am going to put Firebird pickups into and try to see how that sounds.

Let me know what you have and if we could work out a deal for the material.

Contact me at 49crab@bellsouth.net

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2011, 03:08:11 PM »
email sent
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2011, 06:41:28 PM »
this is the one i have = it can be converted to a set neck and it has the large control cover but it is still a ply construction Epi body.

if it were me doing it, i would convert it to an almost through or through raised center Mahogany neck and give those music vibes something to rattle through. just use this for wings so to speak. that way you could have virgin rout outs for the pups, the bridge and good tone wood.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2011, 06:46:51 PM »
I'd use a bolt on neck (maybe with glue) and a Novak MudBucker.  Be a done deal IMO.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2011, 10:37:39 PM »
its actually a nicer body than my present baby ... not a recent pic though as i added a T-Bird tailpiece since this picture was taken.

i should rip this one apart, reset it with the black body, Grover tuners and put the real mudbucker back in it with some decent wiring and pots. i returned it to orig Epi specs, Malhke hand rest and tailpiece excluded in the return to original, and now i wish i had left it as it was. i was thinking of selling it though and did not want to lose the Gibby Mudbucker the tailpiece or the Grovers.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:50:35 PM by sniper »