Author Topic: eb3 varitone dial plates  (Read 14174 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: eb3 varitone dial plates
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 08:55:18 AM »
Looking at those fingernails I have to ask:

"Is there a lefthanded acoustic guitar fingerpicker among us?"  ;D
We're being infiltrated by Leo Kottke wannabes ...  :mrgreen:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
I've been a Leo Kottke wannabe for years. All that's missing is the talent part.

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 08:15:46 AM »
Looking at those fingernails I have to ask:

"Is there a lefthanded acoustic guitar fingerpicker among us?"  ;D
We're being infiltrated by Leo Kottke wannabes ...  :mrgreen:

I might have reversed the picture or it might have been at the new moon part of the month. Then I have to shave a lot more and the nails and the incisors tend to stick out a lot. No, its not reversed as you can seee my "bass calluses" on my left fingers

8) 8)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:18:36 AM by sniper dog »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 05:22:39 PM »
good news, the die maker said i should see the die in about 3 weeks and it is coming in under budget for the first one. if i need a second one to punch the hole instead of drilling the hole in the product remains to be seen but if i need both it still will be close to border line or maybe a little under on the budget so basically all is well and good at this point.

i have put in an order for the etched blanks with the engravers and i should be talking with them tomorrow. they are right on budget.

hopefully in a month i should be presenting these.

;) ;)
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 12:39:52 PM »
I saw the pictures of the choke coil that you say may work for the 15 henery coil on the EB3 wiring harness.

We can I get one of these.  I am trying to modify my EB0 to make it a short scale EB3 but can't find this choke coil.

I know this one is not the same as the original but if they are the same value they should give me the correct sound.

Also do you know anything about how the EB3 should sound if I set it up with the 4 position switch with the in and out of phase wiring?

Thanks
Larry Crabtree
49crab@bellsouth.net

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 03:27:49 PM »
i have been in touch with CN (the winder) about making chokes for the EB3. basically it is done. it is my understanding i just have to pay for them which is in about 2.5 weeks from this date when my next check arrives.

his move to Calif, the holidays and a few other factors (a grand kid being born) and such has put this on the back burner for awhile. i hope to get back on track very soon and get these available. we finally found the correct bobbins ... which was the big part of the battle ... so i will start making phone calls, making emails and get back to this thread asap.

i will have to defer to others in here that are a lot more knowledgable about the EB varitone positioning than i am on your last question.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:59:42 PM by sniper »

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 11:55:32 AM »
Well I am needing one of those coils when you get them.  Let me know how much and let's work this out.

Thanks,

Larry Crabtree
49crab@bellsouth.net

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 09:56:56 AM »
I may also want to get two of your dial plates for the 4 position switch if you have those.

Thanks
Larry Crabtree
49crab@bellsouth.net

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »
Is there any more word on the coils and face plates?  I am wanting to get started on my modification.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 01:19:39 PM »
Larry,

I have made a new batch of plates and I am waiting for an invoice from Curt on the chokes. I will get back to you asap.

CW

sniper

• View Profile
Chokes are done!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 06:50:39 AM »
Is there any more word on the coils and face plates?  I am wanting to get started on my modification.

Curt emailed me today and I have co-addressed the reply and his email to you along with a picture of the completed chokes. He has two of those plates (I think) he can sell to you. If not I can send you two. I apologize but I really do not have the cash to buy two chokes from him at the moment and this route of purchase should be faster vs him sending them to me, then I sending them to you. I am having trouble setting up paypal with my new bank account here in Pecos and am closing my account in Baxter Springs.

Here is the picture of my original wiring loom and the original choke along side of the one Curtis makes. I don't think he has them posted on his website yet so you will be the first to have some. My original is the one that appears a little more white in color (the top choke that is connected to the loom).

I am not pricing the chokes as Curtis will make and sell them. Please contact him via his website if you want some:

http://curtisnovak.com/index.shtml

Curtis will be sending you an email Larry.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:25:47 AM by sniper »

sniper

• View Profile
eb3 varitone dial plates and chokes
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 08:30:23 AM »
Just a heads up, I should be getting a small stock of used EB3 switches in soon that I will discount because they are used and I have 6 plates left.

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 10:55:53 AM »
i think i will need one.   EB 2- project on the horizon... 
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 11:55:45 AM »
I just go my plates last night.  They look great.  I got the circuit diagram from the net.  I got the caps and pots listed on the diagram from Antique Electronic Supply.  I got the resistors from a local supply house.  I got the 4 position switch from all parts along with all the knobs from Allparts.

Your plates are great!

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »
i have 5 plates left out of an initial order of 100, with one promised to a friend, makes 4 available.

thanks Larry.

the used varitone switches have come in and they look fair. the shafts are filed with a flat spot but they look very usable and seem to work okay. i'll ask 7.50 a pop for those with shipping an extra 5 via USPS in a priority flat rate box. I have 2 available with one already promised to a fellow post member. i'm not even going to list them on the Bay just pocket two for myself and sell two.

i got the Novak choke in and it looks great. i hope someone will contact Curtis and become a tester and obtain the last one he has. if there is no interest in them he will not make them any more as it requires an investment on his part for the bobbins. if he can sell four of them it would probably insure an availability for us in the future of Gibby EB2/3 and Ripper late style chokes.