Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

Parting out Coronado bass

(1/2) > >>

drbassman:
Hi Guys!  I need to reduce my stock of stuff (need some cash for tools in the shop!!!) and I've decided to part out the Coronado I pieced together last year.  It's all original bass parts but the body is actually a Coronado body (they're exactly the same as a bass body).  The wiring harness is totally original as are the pups.  Both are in excellent condition.  The neck's refined.

If you're interested in any parts, let me know.  Otherwise, I'll toss it up on eBay tomorrow night.

Thanks!

luve2fli:
Um ..... why not just sell it outright? I know parting it will net you more cash but probably not THAT much more ..... you did put the work into it, after all - seems a shame to part it out.

My 2 cents.

OldManC:
If you can get close to the same money I'd vote for selling it outright as well, but if not I realize the money counts toward tools so I hope you get top dollar either way. That's a beautiful bass...

drbassman:
Well, it's not worth as much in whole because it's a parts bass.  If it were all original and I had just rehabbed it, I'd consider selling it whole.  So, parting works better for me.  Besides, it sure is a lot easier shipping parts vs. an entire bass these days!

While I did put sometime into this, I am learning to not feel like I have to keep every instrument I've worked on.  It's hard, for sure, to let go of things you've put yourself into, but I'm getting better at prioritizing.  Dave can tell you what a bass whore I was the first few years I got back into playing/collecting.  I do keep the ones that resonant most with me.  I still have all of my Gibson and Gretsch hollow bodies!

Dave W:
I agree, you'll do better by parting it out. Even though almost all of the parts are original, they didn't come from the same instrument. People will pay full value for those original parts, they won't pay as much for the same parts assembled into a bass. Hope that makes sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version