Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

My 3rd Musicmaster bass

(1/3) > >>

ilan:
Parts bass that I put together recently just for fun. A beat-to-hell '78 body with heavily flaking finish that I decided not to strip or refinish, a '77 neck with tuners that I took off of a '72 Mustang bass neck, and a gray bottom Mustang guitar pickup (Musicmaster basses had 6-pole guitar pickups). I went with a white pickup cover although I know it originally had a black cover, I think it looks better this way. The mint guard, Strat knobs and wiring harness are new. And she sounds wonderful and plays very nicely.

Dave W:
Looks nice. I can't remember, did the original Musicmaster basses have a Mustang guitar pickup or was it a Musicmaster guitar pickup?

godofthunder:
Cool bass ! Nice work on that. I always wanted one of those !

Pilgrim:
Dang, something about the simplicity of those always gives me GAS.

Maybe after I sell my Epi EB-3 and Kay KB-2 I can indulge....

ilan:

--- Quote from: Dave W on May 18, 2009, 12:29:08 PM ---Looks nice. I can't remember, did the original Musicmaster basses have a Mustang guitar pickup or was it a Musicmaster guitar pickup?

--- End quote ---
AFAIK Mustang guitars, Musicmasters (both basses and guitars) and Duo-Sonics had the same pickup. Under the cover the pickup is like a Strat's (same bobbin) but with flush polepieces. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version