Author Topic: Concert season  (Read 1913 times)

4stringer77

• View Profile
Concert season
« on: June 01, 2018, 10:37:50 AM »
Anybody going to any good shows this summer? I was going to pick up some ZZtop tix but the prices were very high for the mid sized venue I wanted to go to and they added almost $50 handling fees for each ticket to boot!? Hope the rest of y'all aren't getting gouged.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Concert season
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 12:28:44 PM »
I've been looking harder than I usually do because I'd really like to go to something like that now.  But I honestly haven't been able to find anyone yet that would be worth the time and money. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Christine

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 12:29:04 PM »
Got the Rolling Stones on the 15th June, Slade on the 23rd and the Proclaimers on the 1st July (I think)

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 12:30:00 PM »
Going to see the Paul Rodgers / Jeff Beck / Ann Wilson show in July. Seats are not as close as I like, but the good ones were stupid money.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 07:52:59 PM »
Strictly local bands for me, and not too late at night!

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 02:14:40 AM »
'Local' bands next week here in Norway, Motorpsycho and Susanne Sundfør. In August I'm taking my wife to Canterbury/UK to see Hawkwind, Caravan and Curved Air- looking forwad to that!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 10:20:50 PM by amptech »

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 01:29:08 PM »
Going to see the Paul Rodgers / Jeff Beck / Ann Wilson show in July...

Fat chance, no chance, Bob Hope and no hope of getting that one over the Pond... oh yeah, and one of those hopes is dead, iirc...?
As for major leaguers, saw Nickelback in Glasgow last month but not a lot comes up as far as Inverness... ;)

Strictly local bands for me, and not too late at night!

I'm in a local band round here...  :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

BTL

• View Profile
    • Lowe Custom Guitars
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 08:27:51 PM »
I saw Queens of the Stone Age a few weeks back and looking to get Weezer/Pixies tickets.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 11:30:56 PM »
In August I'm taking my wife to Canterbury/UK to see Hawkwind...

Good grief... last saw them in the 70's... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 05:44:45 AM »
Good grief... last saw them in the 70's... :mrgreen:

Seen them two times in recent years, actually quite good. They have a nice focused sound, and play the right songs. Good drummer.
The only thing thing i don't understand is the 'psychedelic backdrop' that all bands these days have, with LSD-ish graphics that look more like a computer screensaver from 2003 :sad:

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2018, 06:24:41 AM »

I'm in a local band round here...  :mrgreen:

Wish my health allowed me to be.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 03:55:24 PM »
Saw Graham Bonnet, Roger Waters and Walter Trout only recently, Judas Priest next week (Priest without KK Downing AND Glenn Tipton, I'm biting my lip ...), have tickets for the Hollywood Vampires, the Stones, Tom Jones and Roger Hodgson (ex-Supertramp).
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 04:44:38 AM »
We've been seeing a lot of shows in the past year.

We saw ZZ Top last fall, just before Dusty Hill had problems and they cancelled the end of the tour.  Great, fun show!
We also saw Todd Rundgren.  Another great show.   We had tickets for the current Utopia tour, but missed it.

This year has been:
Hall & Oates and Train - Train was really good.  H&O were good, but fighting sound issues.  The bass sounded horrible until he switched basses (to the one he uses on Live from Daryl's House).  We didn't bother to stay for the encore.
Flogging Molly - I finally got to see them.  What a great, fun band!  There's a lot more going on there than it seems.
James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt are in a couple weeks
Rick Springfield also coming up.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2018, 05:32:53 AM »
Good to hear from you again and glad you're enjoying the shows. I've run into James Taylor in western mass. My friend saw him at an Indian owned general store. He was going to get a hot dog but my friend said he should try the samosas. Next time my friend went back to the store, they were sold out of samosas and James's picture was hung on the wall. Michael Richards who played Kramer on Seinfeld hides out around there too. I'll try to see the Boston Symphony in their summer home at Tanglewood in the same region. Won't be seeing ZZtop but my girlfriend got tix for Charlie Daniels at the same venue. Congrats on your engagement as well.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2018, 11:26:12 AM »
Went to Denver last night for a beer & burgers event - saw the Robert Randolph Family band.  That is one smokin' group!!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."