Author Topic: You're all voting, are you???  (Read 8394 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: You're all voting, are you???
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 02:26:24 PM »
I'm just astonished at the turnout here. 47% of all registered voters already voted early here in Guadalupe County yet there's still heavy turnout at the polls. Same in Comal and Bexar (San Antonio) .

This is a historic election, no matter what the end result.  CNN, last night, was even suggesting that Election Day be made into a National holiday in order to give everyone the chance to vote.  A lot of places are going to take a lot longer than the 2 hours allotted by most companies.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 03:12:31 PM »
My whole family got mail-in ballots and voted last week.  Much more efficient, provides time to study each measure and compare with voter's guide and other info.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 04:27:51 PM »
Did it this morning on the way into work.  God bless America!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »
me too. not too long of a line,maybe 30 min. Go O.

Delano,Fitzgerald,Baine,Milhouse,Wilson,Jefferson,Walker why do U.S. presidents have such strange middle names?they're all like surnames
i know that Bush like his daddy is named for Herbert Walker.but the rest...weird.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 09:11:12 PM »
Well Obama has the majority.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 09:27:24 PM »
Voted over the weekend. Didn't go the way I'd hoped, but that's part of the process. Tomorrow we move forward and hope for the best in the future.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 09:50:11 PM »
Historic night, to be sure.  McCain went out a class act.  For me, this was more a race of the vice-presidents.  There weren't enough major differences in the main candidates to sway me, but I liked Biden over Palin. 

Here's to the new boss, same as the old boss.  Let's hope the next four years prove we were right.  Only time will tell.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 11:13:17 PM »
I have hope that things will go well.  I did feel a great respect for McCain's concession, very humble yet optimistic in defeat.  But I always remember Calvin Trillin's commentary on first year of the Reagan presidency, which was something to the effect of " I guess Carter wasn't so bad." 
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 01:34:13 AM »
You've done it again. What you so excel at. Reinventing yourself and your country. Only a bit more than 40 years after segregation fell you've elected the son of a black man whose father wasn't even an American. Change indeed. I honestly believe that this could not have happened anywhere else. The American Dream at work.

Obama might be one of your great Presidents or he might turn out a disappointment, but the fact that he got there at all is compelling evidence for American virtues and qualities. Wow, you can be a great place after all! Congrats and happy next four years.

Uwe
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:53:34 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 01:59:04 AM »
Well, you know what they are sayin', once you go black you can never go back!  ;D
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 02:01:11 AM »
Man, I could stop watching last night! Great night. Also because I'm in love with this Dutch host Eva Jinek;)

I had to bring my car to the garage this morning, but I hardly had any sleep.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 03:53:31 AM »
Well, you know what they are sayin', once you go black you can never go back!  ;D

Thanks for makin' me laff when I've been feelin' like crying all night.

Here's another good laff for y'all:

Politicians are like diapers. You have change them often, for the same reason.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 03:57:59 AM »
McCain's concession speech was extremely gracious, fitting the moment and statesman like. Which he in fact is. I wonder how long it will be before Obama sends him on the first troubleshooting mission?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 05:35:15 AM »
McCain's concession speech was extremely gracious, fitting the moment and statesman like. Which he in fact is. I wonder how long it will be before Obama sends him on the first troubleshooting mission?

Tomorrow?   ;D
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 07:10:11 AM »
I liked both candidates and did not see how we could go wrong until McCain made Palin VP. That really turned me toward Obama. I feel McCain would have done a good job as president, but the thought of Palin being president, I could not handle. Bush's horrible dark presidency was the dooming factor along with the economic melt down, probably no matter who McCain chose.

Both, Presidential candidates are class acts. I don't know anyone who dislikes Mccain, I know a lot of people who really disliked Pailin (Women).

I agree that it could not hurt to include McCain in the future.