Author Topic: Something innovative and cool from Gibson  (Read 1766 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Something innovative and cool from Gibson
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 08:12:53 PM »
It's the same Philips that owns Philips Lighting, but Gibson didn't buy the whole corporation, thank goodness, just the A/V division (Woox Innovations). The lighting division, Norelco and other parts are still Dutch-owned. Henry doesn't have that much money.

I have a Gibson high efficiency furnace. That company is Gibson HVAC. It's owned by Nordyne who also make other HVAC brands like Frigidaire and Maytag under license.

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 08:21:06 PM »
It's the same Philips that owns Philips Lighting, but Gibson didn't buy the whole corporation, thank goodness, just the A/V division (Woox Innovations). The lighting division, Norelco and other parts are still Dutch-owned. Henry doesn't have that much money.

I have a Gibson high efficiency furnace. That company is Gibson HVAC. It's owned by Nordyne who also make other HVAC brands like Frigidaire and Maytag under license.

In the 1950's there was a Gibson appliance company that made refrigerators etc.  I don't think they were ever related to the music side.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »

Thanks Dave,

Philips owns quite a few light fixture mfgs. that they have acquired  recently not really a good thing as I've noted the past few years - Henry J being involved would only make it worse!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...