Author Topic: 'New' SG basses  (Read 5781 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: 'New' SG basses
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 10:24:06 PM »
Left Handed Only at this price.  Just noticed that Sweetwater has the SG Faded worn brown for $525.  You have to special order it, though.  I never thought I'd see a Gibson bass for five hundred. 

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BASFLWBCH/
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2014, 08:13:08 AM »
These must be last year's models (keeping Gibson's annual model policy in mind) at that price.

The 2014 right handed SG Special Bass is only $699 with hard case.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »
These must be last year's models (keeping Gibson's annual model policy in mind) at that price.

The 2014 right handed SG Special Bass is only $699 with hard case.

That had the same model right handed around Christmas for $599.  I was about to get one, but they sold out.  Not just at Sweetwater, but at American Musical, etc.  I'm talking about the one with the worn brown finish.  
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2014, 09:34:11 PM »
That had the same model right handed around Christmas for $599.  I was about to get one, but they sold out.  Not just at Sweetwater, but at American Musical, etc.  I'm talking about the one with the worn brown finish.  

Right. They were reduced along with many other 2013 Gibsons. Gibson must have more of the brown 2013 lefties still in the warehouse.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2014, 11:49:54 PM »
Right. They were reduced along with many other 2013 Gibsons. Gibson must have more of the brown 2013 lefties still in the warehouse.

I think so.  Since it included the case, that seemed like a pretty good deal to me.  I wish I had taken advantage of it. 

--Blaise Pascal