Author Topic: One Hour JAEZZbird  (Read 9403 times)

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
One Hour JAEZZbird
« on: June 23, 2011, 07:35:20 AM »
Not difficult if you have the parts.  I sent off the what I thought was beyond repair neck to Steve, s.o.b. fixed it.  So I'm getting even by making him build me more pups.
Stripped body

Decided not to use the pin router, it's my DAY OFF, dadgummit!

Nekkid, Front jazz pup route is larger than rear, those Krazy Koreans.

No worries, another ThunderBucker Ranch product solves that.  JAEbird OEM ring polishing gets done in house.

Next is 'designing' (I use the term loosely) a pick guard/control plate, though this one is getting no guard.  If you have the right parts everything else is pretty easy.  Especially if you don't have to make them yourself.

How does it sound? THUNDEROUSTM ;D

bassvirtuoso

• My God, it's full of chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: One Hour JAEZZbird
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 08:05:14 AM »
Carlo, why do you do this to me? I gave up on the P-bass idea and was thinking this EXACT THING....
-Dave

German-American Chrome Fan Club Member #666

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 08:33:05 AM »
Very cool, it looks great!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 10:33:44 AM »
GAS attack.....  that very well may be the perfect bass.   I have always been a p bass guy but it IMPO works way better with the j style body and little chromecontrol plate.... :thumbsup:
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 10:43:25 AM »
GAS attack.....  that very well may be the perfect bass.   I have always been a p bass guy but it IMPO works way better with the j style body and little chromecontrol plate.... :thumbsup:

We have the technology. ;D

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 10:51:08 AM »
dammit Carlo, i hated about everything that even looked 7enderish till you started all this!

great work ... i gotta start retaking my "medications"!

this is too much for sociophobics like me.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 11:00:31 AM »
dammit Carlo, i hated about everything 7ender till you started all this. great work ... i gotta start retaking my "medications"!

Gotta stop walking out to the shop on my 'day off'.  I cleaned it up yesterday and discovered two Jazz necks and this body.  That plus the posts about Lull's offerings and I've violated my parole.  I have another really nice very light Japanese Fneder 3 bolt RI sunburst Jazz body that might be next.

bassvirtuoso

• My God, it's full of chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 11:18:25 AM »
I have another really nice very light Japanese Fneder 3 bolt RI sunburst Jazz body that might be next.

VERY interested...
-Dave

German-American Chrome Fan Club Member #666

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 11:22:22 AM »
VERY interested...

Might help pay for the S.D. Curlee I just bought.  Darn you, Pilgrim, for pointing it out. ;D

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 12:19:23 PM »
Might help pay for the S.D. Curlee I just bought.  Darn you, Pilgrim, for pointing it out. ;D

Heh, I make one little comment about trying out an S.D. Curlee bass all the way over in the amp section and you go and spend money on one. Heh heh heh!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 12:35:40 PM »
Heh, I make one little comment about trying out an S.D. Curlee bass all the way over in the amp section and you go and spend money on one. Heh heh heh!
Celebrating the big '65 a little early, don't know if it will be with 6 or 5 yet.  I'm embarrassed to say I was almost totally ignorant of these basses.  The similar shape to my EBO and the fact it's long scale and has the DiMarzio Pup that was in my first FenderBird makes it a must have, or at least a must see and evaluate.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 01:00:36 PM »
Rules are rules...

:popcorn:

V-nice build, btw
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 01:15:45 PM »

I is just covered all over with innocence.   ;)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 07:13:58 AM »
Celebrating the big '65 a little early, don't know if it will be with 6 or 5 yet.  I'm embarrassed to say I was almost totally ignorant of these basses.  The similar shape to my EBO and the fact it's long scale and has the DiMarzio Pup that was in my first FenderBird makes it a must have, or at least a must see and evaluate.

i can send you both of mine to check them out if you are interested..  both of  mine are the 2 pbass ones  not the big brass thing.    i had and used one in the around 1980 then traded for a early ibanez musician bass (my first active bass) and regretted so i had to buy 2..... :sad:
JIM

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 07:28:27 AM »

scale is 32"
JIM