Author Topic: Weird music store stuff  (Read 548 times)

nofi

Weird music store stuff
« on: November 26, 2009, 08:42:24 AM »
you can post your own tale of woe.

i was in a local store called dirt cheep music trying out a bass. i set the eq on the amp to what i like and was noddeling away. a sales goon ambles up and  informs me all my eq settings are WRONG. wtf!  it's like a stranger coming up to you on the street and saying your cloths are the wrong color. ???

i think he said this because i was not using the 'modern' bass tone and slapping the flesh off my hand. :rolleyes:

rahock

• View Profile
Re: Weird music store stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 09:36:48 AM »
That's when you should hand him the bass and ask "how would a rude jackass like you do it?"
Rick

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Weird music store stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 09:54:17 AM »
I did have an interesting experience about three years ago at the GC in San Antonio. I had to ask the salesman to get a Mustang RI down from the wall (it was strange, they had all the cheaper basses way high up and the expensive ones lower). He stuck around and tried to get me to plug into one of their Markbass units. I said no thanks, walked to their GK display, plugged in and started playing.

He then got a MM Sterling, plugged into a Markbass and proceeded to drown me out with high volume slap crap. It was deliberate.  ???

I put down the Mustang and walked out.

About a week later I was in the neighborhood again, the Mustang was in easy reach, so I sat down to play again. Wouldn't you know it, the same dickhead walks into the bass room, again picks up the Sterling, goes to the Markbass display and plugs in.

I walked out again. Only this time, I called the manager after I got home. I told him about both incidents and told him that if I decided to buy a Mustang, it wouldn't be from them.

Never saw that salesman again.  8)