Author Topic: When Will Concerts Return?  (Read 337 times)

westen44

• View Profile
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

morrow

• View Profile
Re: When Will Concerts Return?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 08:10:06 AM »
We've got the "Atlantic Bubble" so you can travel between the Atlantic provinces . But anyone coming from anywhere else must quarantine for two weeks . It's strictly enforced . All of our recent cases have involved travel outside the bubble , and all have been caught while still in isolation .
So far so good .
Quebec and Ontario are racking up record numbers right now . Numbers are not good in the US .
Our bar gigs are back , but the rooms are at reduced capacity , masks and social distance are the new norm . This could all change with any increase in cases .
The touring acts are in limbo for the time being . Until an effective vaccine comes to pass this is not going to change .

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 08:40:59 AM »
Hearing people from Canada talk about this makes me look wistfully at Canada and wish I could be there during a time like this.  As for the article itself, I thought it presented in an objective way the prospects for future concerts.  It looks like the time frame on this is mid to late 2021.  To me that's the main point.  Oops, I almost put 2121.  Hopefully, it won't be as long as that.  Otherwise, we're even more screwed than I thought. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 01:50:58 PM »
I had tickets this year for Pearl Jam, Deep Purple, Sparks, Big Big Train, Judas Priest, John Fogerty, Russ Ballard, Don Airey, Whitesnake, Steve Hackett, Bryan Ferry ... The list goes on, all gigs were cancelled.

With most of these artists not getting any younger, I feel I'm being cheated of memorable last performances!

And considering that I was today at the funeral of my cousin's husband who lost his 18-month-battle against cancer at the age of only 61, it might not be just for the bands not appearing either. Uncertain the times they are.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...