Author Topic: Jack Bruce Interviews  (Read 898 times)

westen44

• View Profile
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Bruce Interviews
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 09:10:25 PM »
Thanks, I'll be looking at all of them.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 11:02:07 PM »
You're welcome.  I think it's safe to say that no one here will be complaining that a topic about Jack Bruce has been posted. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 07:54:36 PM »
Amazing bit about Skip James' widow. Cream's cover of I'm So Glad earned more in royalties for the James family than Skip earned during his entire career.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 04:20:09 AM »
I had heard something about that, but that Mrs. Skip James story is the best one.  I hadn't realized that incident had occurred when Jack was playing with West and Laing.  I thought it had been when Cream was still together.  That interview series did clear up a few things for me. 

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 10:14:33 AM »
You're welcome.  I think it's safe to say that no one here will be complaining that a topic about Jack Bruce has been posted.

Ah yes, the bass player from Queen who never did much talking. Didn't know he still lived.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 01:39:10 PM »
Ah yes, the bass player from Queen who never did much talking. Didn't know he still lived.

That's the one all right.  I think he became reclusive after Freddie Mercury's death.

--Blaise Pascal