Author Topic: An Important Message From Rob Halford  (Read 910 times)

westen44

• View Profile
An Important Message From Rob Halford
« on: March 21, 2020, 01:38:49 PM »
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 08:28:18 PM by westen44 »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: An Important Message From Rob Halford
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 06:15:33 AM »
He's getting older.   Yes....we must ALWAYS remember to clean the crop...
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 09:24:25 AM »
He's getting older.   Yes....we must ALWAYS remember to clean the crop...

Celebrities don't know more than anyone else and in many cases seem to know less.  Some of the responses by celebrities I've seen seem to be off the wall.  But Halford is trying to be positive and practical and that seems preferable to the alternative.  A good example, IMO. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 11:12:14 AM »
Robbie has always been a sensible man. And for all the tattoos, sartorial flamboyance und alternative lifestyle: very, very British "keep calm und carry on".

I always liked the fact that the minute he gets off stage, he has the air of a Birmingham grammar school teacher to him.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 12:39:14 PM »
Robbie has always been a sensible man. And for all the tattoos, sartorial flamboyance und alternative lifestyle: very, very British "keep calm und carry on".

I always liked the fact that the minute he gets off stage, he has the air of a Birmingham grammar school teacher to him.

I interviewed him when I was writing for the music paper.   Two things I noticed about him:
  • He never EVER stammers or hesitates when he speaks.  He is really articulate, and knows exactly what he wants to say.  No "umm" or  getting stuck in a phrase.
  • When he turns his back on the audience in a show, he makes funny faces at the rest of the band.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 02:49:56 PM »
He's always had something of a talkshow host to him, that set him apart from other heavy metal front men who were more the chest beating type. Halford always has a twinkle in his eye - you have to, given JP's brand of escapist comic strip lyrics populated by sinners, rippers, exciters, hellions, jawbreakers, metallians, sentinels, painkillers and angels of retribution etc. It would be unbearable if he took this stuff serious - you'd be in Manowar territory then.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...