Author Topic: Be Careful What You Say  (Read 1719 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Be Careful What You Say
« on: January 27, 2020, 10:35:38 PM »
Fortunately, I don't need this product, and I doubt if anyone else here does, either.  But I think this is funny.  The look on that woman's face in the commercial is priceless. 

It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Be Careful What You Say
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 03:57:02 AM »
"Fortunately, I don't need this product, and I doubt if anyone else here does, either."

I think it is very brave and fortright of you, Michael, to freely admit that condoms are a thing of the past for you, way to go (AA applause in background). These things are hushed up all too often.  :rimshot:

That said, my last use of condoms dates back something like 30 years. Partnering with women your own age for substantial periods of time does have its benefits!  8)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:03:32 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 09:03:55 AM »
I love the dad taking them out when the couple goes to bed.  ;)

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 09:34:53 AM »
"Fortunately, I don't need this product, and I doubt if anyone else here does, either."

I think it is very brave and fortright of you, Michael, to freely admit that condoms are a thing of the past for you, way to go (AA applause in background). These things are hushed up all too often.  :rimshot:

That said, my last use of condoms dates back something like 30 years. Partnering with women your own age for substantial periods of time does have its benefits!  8)

Actually, I may have spoken too soon about the hearing aids.  My grandfather and father had them.  And I have tinnitus pretty bad even now.  I'm assuming this was from playing in bands without ear plugs for the first few years. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 10:00:44 AM »
Great commercial.  :thumbsup:

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 12:38:26 PM »
Loved the spot!!  Funny, and very much like experiences I've had over the past few years.

My hearing was down 50% from 2000 HZ up, and I got hearing aids last spring, when I could still use about $1500 from my medical savings account before I retired. (Hint to those nearing retirement: most companies front-fund your medical savings account, and if you retire partway through the year they don't ask for money back based on the number of months you don't work for them.) I joined Costco just to get the discount they provide.

These are so small my hair stylist can't even tell if I'm wearing them. They're pretty slick and the EQ is selectable from 4 presets with an app on my Android phone. Mine are one model earlier than these but same size.

https://costco.rexton.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/RX18813-Rexton-Costco-Adore-IX-Quick-Start-Guide-1018-v4-.pdf

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 02:17:04 PM »
Incidentally, do they have guitar- and wife bickering-cancelling mode?  ;D

How are your gnashers doing?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 02:24:33 PM by uwe »

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »
Incidentally, do they have guitar- and wife bickering-cancelling mode?  ;D

How are your gnashers doing?

Still on soft food, and being careful. Both sides still swollen enough to make me look like Brando as Don Corleone. Too many sutures to take chances. Lunch was Campbell's Bean & Bacon soup.

I now have a love affair going with mashed potatoes. Nice flavor, great with various soft toppings.  Dinner last night was meat loaf (masticated VERY carefully) with mashed potatoes.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 03:47:34 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 04:02:38 PM »
You need to be careful with the mustard and perhaps someone can cut you the Rippchen small ...

Bargeon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 04:10:00 PM »
That's earie.
Dyslexics untie!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 08:35:46 AM »
Actually, I may have spoken too soon about the hearing aids.  My grandfather and father had them.  And I have tinnitus pretty bad even now.  I'm assuming this was from playing in bands without ear plugs for the first few years.

My 55 yo wife has been wearing hearing aids for a year or two now. She blames me for her hearing loss.  :rolleyes: My hearing is extraordinarily good considering the abuse my ears take. And strangely, they produce very little wax. I've never had to have them cleaned out. Doctor said some people are just like that.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 09:27:47 AM »
You need to be careful with the mustard and perhaps someone can cut you the Rippchen small ...

Dammit!
There's really no great German food in Seattle unless my Mom or I make it.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 09:57:47 AM »
My 55 yo wife has been wearing hearing aids for a year or two now. She blames me for her hearing loss.  :rolleyes: My hearing is extraordinarily good considering the abuse my ears take. And strangely, they produce very little wax. I've never had to have them cleaned out. Doctor said some people are just like that.

I've never been sure how all that works.  I'm pretty sure Noel redding once said that his doctor told him that excessive wax had protected him from hearing loss.  Hendrix would joke a lot at concerts that they were going to turn down because "we really care about your ears."  Of course, in reality they were doing just the opposite.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 10:21:59 AM »
I'm not sure why I have the hearing loss that I do, unless it dates back to some rock concerts in my teens and 20's, and a very few loud ones in the past 20 years.  I haven't played in loud bands, and for the past 20+ years I have worn ear plugs whenever my band got loud.

I do recall going to the Robert Randolph Family Band in Denver a few years ago and it was criminally loud. I love that band but was SO close to walking out. Probably should have. Should  also have brought ear plugs, but why would I want to go to a band that loud?

At any rate, close to 20 years ago I got custom-molded ear plugs that are set up for only 10dB sound reduction, but that makes a big difference and still let me hear some nuance in the music when I play.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:47:50 AM by Pilgrim »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 01:30:10 PM »
My 55 yo wife has been wearing hearing aids for a year or two now. She blames me for her hearing loss.  :rolleyes:

Give my best regards and heartfelt condolences to your dearest wife, I'm certain she is absolutely right. It's just what being married to a confessed Ricster and Alembickerer does to you, that - ouch! - biting treble ...  :mrgreen:

Thanks for the CDs, Tom, I'll give some feedback once I've heard your nomads. One look, however, at your bass treble armada lends your wife's self-diagnosis all the credibility it needs!

Edith always claims that my hearing is bad, yet whenever we watch a Blu-ray, it's her who wants the dialogue turned up to spoken theater/language class volume! She also claims that out refrigerator makes beeping noises when you leave the door open (whoever heard of that) which I'm supposed to do all the time (pure conjecture), an (for me and my ears) unverifiable allegation. That refrigerator is totally quiet, closed or open, if you ask me. Wimmin and how they make all these things up! :o