Author Topic: Just for fun: You know you grew up in the eighties if...  (Read 744 times)

Blazer

Just for fun: You know you grew up in the eighties if...
« on: September 17, 2008, 07:21:07 AM »
You grew up in the eighties if...

1. You still see LP records as serious musical gems and not just Musical devices used by Techno DJ's

2. You still wonder what kind of grudge Gargamel is holding against the Smurfs. (We never found out exactly what he wanted his revenge for.)

3. You know the PC's with black screens with green letters and when a floppy discette indeed was a "floppy" device

4. You considered "Breaking the law" by Judas Priest and "Run to the hills" by Iron Maiden as the best Metal songs ever written.

5. You heard Jimmy Swaggart calling the members of the Police "Sons of Satan" because of their song "Murder by numbers"

6. You're still wondering "Who's Johnny?"

7. You still think that Milli Vanilli weren't that bad, music wise.

8. You're still aching to put on your neon yellow spandex jumpsuit and make your hair look like a nuclear explosion.

9. you think of leadfree gasoline as something brand new.

10. You can't help but to whistle the melody of Jean Michel Jarre's "Oxigene"

11. You'd want to enlist in the US Navy so you can fly the Grumman F14 Tomcat Jet fighter and be as cool as Tom Cruise.

12. You believed you got the power when shouting "By the power of Grayskull!"

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
Re: Just for fun: You know you grew up in the eighties if...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 07:54:10 AM »
i'll agree with the first three.i'm a poet and i didn't even know it.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 06:54:45 AM »
Talk about growing up in the eighties:

I was there.
Can't remember the Thunderbird though.
I do remember the scarfs, shawls and fishnet shirts... :D

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »
about #2 ..Gargamel needed 3 smurfs in order to make gold.nothing personal,just business.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES