Author Topic: Slavantas played a KILLER gig tonight.  (Read 726 times)

Blazer

Slavantas played a KILLER gig tonight.
« on: September 06, 2008, 05:29:10 PM »
Boy it was 15 months  in the works that came to this: our debut gig.

My best friend and my younger brother were there and they attended a couple of rehearsals prior to our gig and they were looking with shock and awe at what we were doing. We had the audience eating from our hands and at the first song going they were moshing, chanting, rocking and causing fun mayhem.

I've been to a lot of concerts by big bands and as such I know that you won't get any attention going by just standing still on stage. So I started doing a lot of rock poses, like standing with one foot on the monitor cab, doing the Jesus Christ pose with my guitar howling in feedback, doing the Zakk Wylde thing with the guitarneck almost in my face and doing the Malmsteen trick of flipping the guitar on my knee making the headstock point to the audience. It worked a charm, everybody was talking about the show and also about me being able to play flawlessly while doing so.

My guitar for the evening was my Fender Mexico Voodoo strat with Dimarzio humbucker by the bridge while having my Gibson Les Paul Studio as a back up.

As I'm typing this down I feel the fategue set in, giving 200% as a performance is tiring but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Pictures and a complete videotaped recording of the gig will be online soon at our website.