Author Topic: Adventure begins today  (Read 2579 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Adventure begins today
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 07:27:29 AM »
Amsterdam is indeed a good place to never cross a strip of pavement (even 3 feet wide) before looking both ways for bike riders - and scooters! The UNESCO site with windmills is pretty wonderful, and well worth seeing. The ruined castle in Heidelberg is quite a site.  Let's face it, there's very cool stuff everywhere on that trip.

I was very impressed by Cologne, especially the cathedral at night as we motored downriver - it is illuminated and towered over the old town, looking like a ghost cathedral in the sky.  And the good folks there know how to drink Kolsch, nice and cold in 200 ML glasses that are refilled as long as you leave he top of the glass uncovered.  Lovely way to have good beer.

I'd post a couple of pix but they're all over 500KB and the site doesn't allow that.  I've tried changing the image size but the file size doesn't change. I can't figure out how to reduce the file size so they will upload.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 05:19:53 AM »
The Prish Resizer is an easy way to make images smaller. http://www.photo-freeware.net/download/action/show/Item/prish-image-resizer/

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 10:12:10 AM »
Try to make it up to Dusseldorf for some Altbier if you can. Pleasant Journeys.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018, 09:00:49 AM »
The Prish Resizer is an easy way to make images smaller. http://www.photo-freeware.net/download/action/show/Item/prish-image-resizer/

Thanks!  I'm downloading and will test drive it.  I know that my old favorite Irfanview can do this, but darned if I can figure out where it's hiding in the program.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."