Author Topic: policy on posting stuff for sale in here?  (Read 2065 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
policy on posting stuff for sale in here?
« on: July 21, 2008, 12:45:54 PM »
IF THIS IS AGAINST POLICY THEN MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS POST!!

i have been buying and selling Gibson bass things and near Gibson like stuff for over a year on e-bay. i now have a luthier that wants to build my bass. he is interested in this lot of Gibson and none Gibson items i have for the labor of building the guitar. i have almost enough items to build two basses. this is my selling/trading stock. i would like to offer this lot of items here first to my fellow bass players as some of these items are hard to find.

1) i need to know the policy for posting stuff for sale here

and

2) if it is okay, then anyone interested can send me a message about these items and i will send an e-mail with pictures of the items if you include your e-mail addy in the message. buyer to pay shipping.

Here are some things I could trade/sell:
1)   NOS 1971 Gibson Humbucker never been used. From old stock in a closed music shop part number 13559. 150$
2)   Laminated neck with enough extra wood to make Gibson type wings on the head stock. No truss rod installed. 50$
3)   Honduras Mahogany LP body 2 piece with really nice shallow V’d graining 75$
4)   Flamed Hard Maple 3/8” X 19 5/8” X 7”rough sawn matched facing boards 40$ I paid 60$ for them.
5)   Reproduction early Gibson EBO, EB3, EB2 hand rest = perfect repro in polished stainless steel, never been used and next to impossible to tell from the original until one figures out it is stainless steel. It is shinier than chrome. This is one of Ken's items. 75$
6)   Gibson NOS guitar hand rest will fit bass with same mount spacing as EB bridge cover chromed. 25$
7)   Two piece bridge with studs, stud inserts and adjustment Allen wrench 40$
8)   HAS Sound Varitone for bass with indicator plate and chicken head knob. 5 playing positions with 6th position as a bypass 40$
9)   4 NOS never used Schaller M4 bass tuners, chromed 75$ (100$ new cost)
10)   4 bar NOS Gibson coil windings, has 2” slot in each coil to make Humbucking pickups for guitar or bass 10$
11)   3 chromed neck plates, unnumbered and unbranded with screws 10$
12)   1 Mosrite pickup trim piece with screws and mounting springs 5$
13)   250 K linear CTS pot 5$
14)   300 K Audio CTS pot 5$
15)   Input jack with black nut 3$
16)   Various black cat, Sprague and vintage orange drop caps, 1 bigger than a sandwich bag ziplock bag full 35$

These items are listed as to what I have paid for them on e-bay or what I would or have sold them for on e-bay.

i would like an offer on the lot. these items represent what i have built up for stock in over a year when i started with used parts off one trashed EPI EBO. i now have the items i need for my build and these items are my trading/selling stock.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u275/cathousemouse/bass%20stock/

password for outposters is "bassplayer" (no quotation marks)

the lot will be offered at a rate less than posted prices to fellow outposters

the slashed items were taken by my luthier. the rest are still for sale
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 07:58:35 PM by old puppy »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: policy on posting stuff for sale in here?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:06:15 PM »
You can offer your personal gear for sale here. We just don't want commercial dealers, eBay powersellers etc. trying to set up shop to sell their commercial inventory.

Even then, we're flexible about regular members offering small quantities of things they're making, like the Thunderbird covers, bridges and tailpieces.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:18:28 PM »
thanks dave, this is all my personel stuff i have gotten from buying trading and selling on the bay to get all the parts for my build.
i'm ending up with an LP Junior mahogany build with a dark star and one of those Gibby necks from the bay with all black and ebony trim with TI's for flat wounds.

i knew i would forget something!!!

i have two 1.5 Henry chokes to go with the lot but they are single coil and not Gibson parts. they are small enough to go in a control cavity. i bought them off Dan Torres.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:34:57 PM by old puppy »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 06:36:55 PM »
I agree, sharing our for sale parts and stuff is fine amongst ourselves.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 07:10:47 PM »
Are you sellling as a lot, or separately?  I'm interested in the LP mahogany body.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »
Are you sellling as a lot, or separately?  I'm interested in the LP mahogany body.

selling as pieces now = just traded the pup and maple to my luthier.

message sent

rockinrayduke

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 08:20:40 PM »
Dumb question, but will a 2 piece bridge fit the same posts as a 3 point?

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 09:15:15 PM »
i don't know Ray. it is 3 5/8" outside edge to outside edge hole to hole. that makes it 3 5/8" center to center but one hole (bass side i presume from looking at the way it can be adjusted on the back) is elongated a little over 1/8", almost 3/16" but not quite. the center to center distance at the most appears to be about 3 23/32"

you can check the pictures at the link on my first post.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u275/cathousemouse/bass%20stock/

password for guest outposters is "bassplayer" (no quotation marks)

i added pics of the bridge. one pic looks gold but it is really chrome. i took the pic at night and had to use the flash.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 12:18:17 AM »
all items are sold or traded, thanks

gary: daughter says she mailed the body

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »
Thanks for the update.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!