Author Topic: Hardware Questions? Color Tuners & Stacked Knobs  (Read 810 times)

JimmyBond8

• "You're so cute when you're stupid"
    • View Profile
    • The Afterwhiles - My Band
Hardware Questions? Color Tuners & Stacked Knobs
« on: March 24, 2009, 11:05:33 AM »
I was looking for a place to get some color/style options on some bass tuners and I finally came across a place that had one of the things I was looking for. Anywho, thought I might drop their site on here, in case anyone else was looking for something like this.
http://www.tkinstruments.com/id75.htm
I was looking for a bass tuner I could get with different button options (An Upgrade for my Danelectro, but still with a feel of the original plastic buttons), which they definitely have. As well as tons of color options (for a nominal fee of course).

Does anyone know of a place that has similar options but on "Grover MINI BASS MACHINE" ?
I know from Grover's site you can order Chrome, Gold, and Black finishes. But I'm looking for something white (More accurately, I'm really only looking for white Bushings & Knobs).

Also, I'm thinking about working on a project using a stacked knob setup. I know the common knobs are short chrome, and I've seen a few wooden ones. But I'm looking for something similar to the Dano ones.  I read a thread before, and have heard about the shortage of Dano stacked knobs: http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=1313.0 .

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: Hardware Questions? Color Tuners & Stacked Knobs
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 12:47:12 PM »
If I recall correctly, Allparts carries the actual Dano plastic button bass knobs.  I used them on this bass...........

I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

JimmyBond8

• "You're so cute when you're stupid"
    • View Profile
    • The Afterwhiles - My Band
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 09:03:19 AM »
Indeed, they do. Mine just stopped holding tune (mainly on the 'E' String). Do your new ones do a good job? Maybe some new ones would fix the issue.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 12:43:42 PM »
Well, I've only had them a few months, but so far, so good.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!