Author Topic: Just for Kenny  (Read 2770 times)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Just for Kenny
« on: May 01, 2010, 08:03:31 AM »
For Kenny ;D

Actually, you have to give some respect to the little guy.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Just for Kenny
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 08:26:31 AM »
amazing!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 10:37:54 AM »

I thought it was his Birthday and I'd missed it...........Arboreal Rodentia  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:24:38 PM »
Poor little guy, standing by his friend. Squirrels may not understand their own mortality, but they obviously can understand when it happens to another.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 12:45:53 PM »
Very unusual...

Originally thought "she" was trying to protect a youngster but when I took it full screen she's definitely a "he", so my wife thought "breeding season madness" (chase-me chase-me chase-me) when the males go nuts (pun intended) and chase any female on heat (across streets, under truck wheels, buses, etc) and she will mate with the one that catches her (definitely a surviival of the fittest thing), so...

Squirrel's are nortoriously "loners" but love playing when youngsters...

(It's not quite Kenny Five-One yet Ma'am...  ;))
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 01:32:18 PM »

I'll send you a cake shaped like an F6F Hellcat  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »
Make sure it's veggie...  :mrgreen:
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »

Carrot cake, big guy  ;)

Hornisse

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 04:15:01 PM »
I remember when I was on my walking route several years ago I saw a car coming with the girl texting and driving (before it was against the law in TX) and she ran over a squirrel without even noticing.  The squirrels friend came over to check out his dead friend and another driver (texting) ran over him!!  Really made me mad!  Both drivers were oblivious to what they'd done.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 04:55:49 AM »

Carrot cake... with a nice cream-cheese topping...   ;D

Unfortunately, I've had a few RTA's with critters over the years, luckily nothing more substantial than a head-on with a wood pigeon - amazing how much damage they can make...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 05:00:05 AM »
Just spotted this...

Love the last line...

http://todaysinspiration.blogspot.com/2009/06/smokes-during-wartime-hellcats-kittens.html

a link to the page...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 05:13:06 AM »

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 05:15:07 AM »

(Okay... back in my box...)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 05:47:53 AM »
Oh man this thread just gets better and better. LMNO (thats laughing my nuts off) don't get me wrong I feel sorry for the little guy, I am laughing on how this thread has gone from nuts to planes. Only here.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:12:08 PM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 06:22:19 AM »
I remember when I was on my walking route several years ago I saw a car coming with the girl texting and driving (before it was against the law in TX) and she ran over a squirrel without even noticing.  The squirrels friend came over to check out his dead friend and another driver (texting) ran over him!!  Really made me mad!  Both drivers were oblivious to what they'd done.

I hear ya :sad:. I love those little guys. I have anywhere from 4 to 10 hanging around the house that I feed and look after everyday. Several will come up and eat out of my hand . As much as I enjoy it , I try to discourage it somewhat because it encourages a lot of trust of humans and some humans are not going to treat them the same way I do.
Rick