Author Topic: PETA wants fish memorial  (Read 2584 times)

eb2

• View Profile
Re: PETA wants fish memorial
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 12:50:47 PM »
I tend to prefer my carnage that way as well.  Grass fed beef is more appetizing than eating Hyena meat.

I tend to go along with halal and haram as far as most mammals.  Why eat a donkey?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:57:18 PM by eb2 »
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
Genuine story and accompanying comment...

Some of you know my stance and that I don't preach, but you carnivores will like this...

A friend of my wife's in the early 90's named Claire was editor of Fitness magazine over here; she was, like us, a veggie... she also dabbled in writing books... one of them was on the Paras... she was on a flight with them to somewhere in South America and a Sergeant was passing round Spam sandwiches... she commented to the Sergeant, "I'm a vegetarian, what happens to vegetarians in the Army?"
"They die, Ma'am..." ;D

As a curious aside, she caved, and eventually married a Captain... we last saw her at her wedding reception... no idea what she does now...

There was a big billboard on a major road on the way into London around the same tim that showed a big pan of frying "Danish Bacon" - on the poster was a large LED counter with numbers counting downwards...

The logo stated, "THE NUMBER OF VEGETARIANS IN BRITAIN" :rolleyes:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 03:13:31 PM »
LOL :)
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 11:17:46 AM »
I tend to prefer my carnage that way as well.  Grass fed beef is more appetizing than eating Hyena meat.

I tend to go along with halal and haram as far as most mammals.  Why eat a donkey?

Because some Italian salami is just too good.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...