Author Topic: Breaking Deep Purple News? Chile in Time!!!  (Read 15383 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking Deep Purple News?
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2015, 03:27:35 AM »
...and Mark didn't even ask "What took you so long?" ;D ;D ;D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's what my gay physiotherapist quipped too when I mentioned it to him (I mean you have to talk about something at these sessions!):

"Isn't that something only gays get?"

And I answered:

"Naw, it's just more debilitating with you guys."

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2015, 03:29:20 AM »
Congrats. But, what took you so long to get married?
Sorry to hear the hemorrhoid spoiled part of the honeymoon fun.
But you'll survive...

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2015, 05:48:53 AM »
My honeymoon in Venice and Rome last week was somewhat overshadowed by the first hemorrhoid in my life...

Too much pasta?

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2015, 07:30:49 AM »
I somehow thought you two had already made it legal, but congrats! Gotta respect any middle-aged man with a 200 piece bass guitar collection who manages to find a wife.  ;D

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2015, 08:13:32 AM »
That new rhythm method works wonders!

Bass players know all about rhythm, jah?  :rolleyes:
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2015, 09:05:34 AM »
"But, what took you so long to get married?"

Serious question, serious answer: While my first wife and I separated in 2007, we divorced only last year. Why? Because my instincts told me that it would benefit divorce proceedings if the negative emotions of the first years following the separation had died down. And it worked. There was no dispute about money or kids. My first wife even refused to take a lawyer (even though I implored with her to do just that), instead she just said: I trust you to be fair. And so - after seven years of separation - we had a noiseless divorce last summer and on that very same day flew together to Berlin as it was my son's birthday. That didn't come without a price though: Edith had in the intervening years given up hope "for it to ever happen" (and could be vocal about it!  ;) ), but I have proven her wrong in no uncertain terms!!!  :mrgreen:

Epilogue: And at the wedding party, both Edith's ex-huband (as regards all things Edith, we two always agree - she finds that somewhat disconcerting) and my ex-wife were there among the guests. Plus my ex-wife's new significant other who is - coincidentally - one of my two oldest and best friends. They are a great fit. (His son and my son now goad each other with: "Hi stepbrother!".) I sometimes smile to myself and think that I live a life straight out of a sitcom!  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:17:12 AM by uwe »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2015, 09:11:13 AM »
I somehow thought you two had already made it legal, but congrats! Gotta respect any middle-aged man with a 200 piece bass guitar collection who manages to find a wife.  ;D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2015, 09:52:51 AM »
"But, what took you so long to get married?"

Serious question, serious answer: While my first wife and I separated in 2007, we divorced only last year. Why? Because my instincts told me that it would benefit divorce proceedings if the negative emotions of the first years following the separation had died down. And it worked. There was no dispute about money or kids. My first wife even refused to take a lawyer (even though I implored with her to do just that), instead she just said: I trust you to be fair. And so - after seven years of separation - we had a noiseless divorce last summer and on that very same day flew together to Berlin as it was my son's birthday. That didn't come without a price though: Edith had in the intervening years given up hope "for it to ever happen" (and could be vocal about it!  ;) ), but I have proven her wrong in no uncertain terms!!!  :mrgreen:

Epilogue: And at the wedding party, both Edith's ex-huband (as regards all things Edith, we two always agree - she finds that somewhat disconcerting) and my ex-wife were there among the guests. Plus my ex-wife's new significant other who is - coincidentally - one of my two oldest and best friends. They are a great fit. (His son and my son now goad each other with: "Hi stepbrother!".) I sometimes smile to myself and think that I live a life straight out of a sitcom!  :mrgreen:

As long as nobody is marrying their sister this is all good.........

Remember to exercise that hemmoroid afflicted area, certain devices properly lubricated are highly recommended  :o

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2015, 10:23:24 AM »
Ah, that cooling effect ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2015, 12:00:04 PM »
Known as the Farmers over here ... Farmer Giles... piles... ;D

As for the newly weds... something old (the song) something new (transmission method)...  ;)

Glückwünsche...!

If I tell Edith "I wanna go tandem with you", she'll only suspect the worst!!!

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2015, 12:19:34 PM »
Congrats on the new marriage Uwe! Any idea about who else will be on stage for the Rainbow shows?
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »
If I tell Edith "I wanna go tandem with you", she'll only suspect the worst!!!

Considering your marital history and the interweaving cast of characters therein, she might suspect something truly unusual!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2015, 12:41:54 PM »
 ;D

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2015, 12:57:55 PM »
Congrats on the new marriage Uwe! Any idea about who else will be on stage for the Rainbow shows?

Nothing yet. Blackers is being his opaque best. He has stated though that the singer is "yet" unknown, but "will probably become famous" based on these gigs, "he is that good", being supposedly "a cross between Ronnie James Dio and Freddie Mercury". So now we all know.  :mrgreen:

For all his flaws, Ritchie has always had a hand for picking good people from obscurity and giving them a career once he had dumped them again. With the possible exception of Cozy Powell and Roger Glover (both not exactly superstars known outside the heavy rock world in the 70ies), the carousel of newly-picked Rainbow musicians never included anybody even remotely famous. Make up your mind whether that shows how Blackmore wants to always retain ultimate control or has a penchant for fresh talent. Interestingly enough, no one who has played with Rainbow (the whole dozen or so!) has ever had an axe to grind with the Stratmeister. With the distance of a few years, they were all grateful. Bain, Carey, Stone, Dio, Daisley, Bonnet, Airey, Rondinelli, Rosenthal, Burgi, Turner and White especially have always said that he set them off on a career. The orignal Elf members (other than Dio) are the exception because they (rightfully so) feel that he hijacked their band, poached their singer and then dumped everyone else. But the original Rainbow line-up was a studio affair only, Blackmore had no intention to tour with them. Whether he told them that is another matter though.

Blackmore also favored unknown Ian Gillan over better known Rod Stewart (back then on the way to fame with Jeff Beck Group) when it came to replacing Rod Evans in original Deep Purple and was instrumental for the band getting in David "unknown boutique saleman from Redcar" Coverdale as replacement for Gillan when Mk II folded.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 01:06:31 PM by uwe »

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2015, 01:55:01 PM »
Rod Stewart was almost in Deep Purple? That's as weird as Les Claypool almost being in Metallica. I can't imagine Rod belting out Child in Time but then again I'm sure nobody thought Rod and Bob Dylan would both be covering Sinatra so many years later. I like what Bob has done with the music.

Enjoy the Rainbow shows and let us know whether the ensuing DVD will be worth buying.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.