Author Topic: Music videos featuring Fat-Bottom Girls (Rippers, Victories, etc)  (Read 111380 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Music videos featuring Fat-Bottom Girls (Rippers, Victories, etc)
« Reply #525 on: December 04, 2020, 06:40:04 PM »
I showed the Harley pic to a friend who is a motorcycle chick and she definitely likes it. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #526 on: December 05, 2020, 01:40:36 PM »
That is a great looking bike! I was never a motorcycle guy (I would be dead by now), but definitely appreciate a piece of art like that.

I almost lost my left leg at age 16, and have a 6" steel plate in it.  I like motorcycles but decided not to ride on the road again. I'm not even that into bicycles if I have to share the road with cars; I prefer paved bike trails.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 08, 2020, 12:30:30 PM »
Whether I ride a bicycle in the city or a motorcycle on a road, my default assumption is always that I'm not even being seen by car drivers (and not by any malign intent of them, they simply overlook you, especially in heavy traffic). You gotta be double or triple careful.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #528 on: January 25, 2021, 01:55:35 PM »
A Grabber like you never heard it

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 25, 2021, 09:35:04 PM »
You can get a Grabber with a maple board to sound like that no sweat, after all it is an angry, nasty P Bass in nature (and P Basses can get that "angry piano string sound" easily, just think of JJ Burnel of The Strangers).

I've never rated Iron Maiden's songwriting finesse very highly, but Powerslave is the real pits. It sounds like all chord, note and key changes are made under the credo: "Oh, let's go there to see how maybe neat that might sound!". Makes Nirvana sound like the friggin' Beatles.

Steve Harris is no Paul McCartney.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 25, 2021, 09:49:27 PM »
You can get a Grabber with a maple board to sound like that no sweat, after all it is an angry, nasty P Bass in nature (and P Basses can get that "angry piano string sound" easily, just think of JJ Burnel of The Strangers).

I've never rated Iron Maiden's songwriting finesse very highly, but Powerslave is the real pits. It sounds like all chord, note and key changes are made under the credo: "Oh, let's go there to see how maybe neat that might sound!". Makes Nirvana sound like the friggin' Beatles.

Steve Harris is no Paul McCartney.

I think Steve Harris does some really great bass lines. This guy didn't pick a very exciting one. Check out Wrathchild. I love the one.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 25, 2021, 10:08:28 PM »
I have no issues with his bass playing, he's nimble and busy, though hardly varied. But the songwriting!  :-X

The NME, always good when it comes to scathing putdowns, wrote about Iron Maiden:

- "No doubt one of the better and more adventurous albums of 1973." (In a review of a mid-eighties album ...  :mrgreen:)

- "Iron Maiden's set list consists of only two types of songs: Ones that start slow before accelerating into a gallop and others that confusingly start with the gallop only to slow down for mindless instrumental ambling in the middle." Nasty NME!  :mrgreen:

But they're a people's band, tenacious and resilient - I wish them well, seen them three times (both with "oil rig" Di'Anno and "air raid siren" Dickinson plus assorted guitarist combinations). And who knows, one day they will even write a song as good as UFO's Doctor Doctor with which they like to bring the hall/arena lights down before they start their gigs.  8)

But I do give them credit for pretty much zero Zeppelin influence!  Highly commendable. :rimshot:

Plus Steve Harris likes Be-Bop Deluxe

and Bruce Dickinson worships Ian Gillan, especially the Clear Air Turbulence album - exquisite tastes!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 10:30:14 PM by uwe »

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 25, 2021, 10:41:26 PM »
I have no issues with his bass playing, he's nimble and busy, though hardly varied. But the songwriting!  :-X

The NME, always good when it comes to scathing putdowns, wrote about Iron Maiden:

- "No doubt one of the better and more adventurous albums of 1973." (In a review of a mid-eighties album ...  :mrgreen:)

- "Iron Maiden's set list consists of only two types of songs: Ones that start slow before accelerating into a gallop and others that confusingly start with the gallop only to slow down for mindless instrumental ambling in the middle." Nasty NME!  :mrgreen:

But they're a people's band, tenacious and resilient - I wish them well, seen them three times (both with "oil rig" Di'Anno and "air raid siren" Dickinson plus assorted guitarist combinations). And who knows, one day they will even write a song as good as UFO's Doctor Doctor with which they like to bring the hall/arena lights down before they start their gigs.  8)

But I do give them credit for pretty much zero Zeppelin influence!  Highly commendable. :rimshot:

Plus Steve Harris likes Be-Bop Deluxe

and Bruce Dickinson worships Ian Gillan, especially the Clear Air Turbulence album - exquisite tastes!

I hear you.

So UFO covered that Thompson Twins song?  :mrgreen:

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #533 on: January 26, 2021, 12:48:44 AM »
I was a huge fan of Iron Maiden when I was a teenager.
But when they released their Seventh Son album I had to admit I found their music becoming sillier by the album. The galloping, the encyclopedic texts, the lyrics not fitting or following any metre, et cetera
The last straw was when I saw them live. Bruce Dickinson with green tights standing on a piece of polystyrene that was supposed to be an iceberg. Very silly.

I still have the vinyl albums that I bought when I was a fan. But the only ones that get a spin once in a while are the first two with Paul DiAnno. I like his voice better and I like the songs better. Less far fetched and more organic.

But that Grabber in the opening post doen't sound like any Grabber I've heard before.

By the way: the song Powerslave wasn't written by Harris, but Dickinson.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 08:38:28 AM by Basvarken »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 26, 2021, 09:09:52 AM »
In that case I herewith apologize to Herr Harris and applaud his benign rule and tolerance for even allowing it on an album of his band!!!  :-X

Di'Anno had charm, but having him witnessed twice live I have to say: He had real issues pitching and was always operating at the limit of his capabilities. You didn't notice as much in the studio (same thing with DLR with Van Halen or Rod Evans with early Purple).

When I saw early Maiden (once as an opening act for Priest and once at a rock festival with the likes of Foreigner and BÖC), I thought to myself that singer will eventually have to go if they want to fill arenas. Maiden didn't need so much a singer as someone who could use his vocals like a another high-pitched guitar to pierce through the unforgiving sonic melée, Dickinson (whose voice had already attracted my attention when he sang with Samson) did as required. They needed someone with a strong tenor passagio/falsetto voice (or radically restructure and rearrange their music which obviously wasn't part of Harris' vision).

Ironically, Di'Anno's voice would have been great in a punk/new wave/aggressive British rhythm & blues surrounding. He had the voice to convincingly belt out lyrics that perhaps even mean something. He was ill-advised to continue to pander to a heavy metal audience after his dismissal from the Eiserne Jungfrauen, but I guess he was typecast by then. You can't leave Iron Maiden and join, say, Dr. Feelgood.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 09:23:13 AM by uwe »

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #535 on: January 26, 2021, 09:16:40 AM »
That Grabber sounds great! I should sell my Jazz Bass and buy one.  ;D

By the time I heard Run to the Hills, I was already into some serious progressive stuff, and I thought their writing was a little sophomoric. But, they're fun when you're hanging out in the garage drinking a lot of cheap beer with other dudes. And I really do have a huge amount of respect for them for the way they treat their fans. I really enjoyed the Flight 666 DVD.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 26, 2021, 09:48:19 AM »
Yup, they care about their fans und Harris is admirably undeterred by what other people think, he and the band just plough on.

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 27, 2021, 01:52:34 AM »

But that Grabber in the opening post doen't sound like any Grabber I've heard before.

We had to play both powerslave and wasted years in a coverband many years back, used my Grabber with rounds (usually strung it with chromes).

That sound in the vid sounds very much like a Grabber, but with added low end (or played through a stereo system with bass knob on full)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 27, 2021, 10:03:10 AM »
Yeah, Grabbers are real snarlers.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 27, 2021, 10:09:19 AM »
Yeah, Grabbers are real snarlers.

Sometimes they become presidents.