Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

New from Ampeg

<< < (2/2)

Alanko:
Ampeg have been letting the competition do 'an Ampeg in a pedal' for a while. I think we are seeing the hand of Yamaha here. SVTs are cool, but beyond knackered back line rentals and a few touring acts most folk don't need 300 watts of tube power blasting out of a wardrobe onstage. The future is IEMs, whisper-quiet stage volumes and haptic devices to simulate the kick and punch of instruments. Yamahampeg want to shift lots of goods to lots of consumers; watch out for peg Bluetooth speakers and headphones, I guess.

The problem with preamp pedals is knowing when to stop. Make it an SVT and B-15 in a box and people will want more blend, crossover, sweepable mids, effects loops etc. People already seem annoyed that they haven't just copied a Darkglass design for this. 

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: Alanko on April 04, 2023, 02:13:27 PM ---The future is IEMs, whisper-quiet stage volumes and haptic devices to simulate the kick and punch of instruments.

--- End quote ---

That is most unfortunate. I'm seeing a lot of younger "audio engineers" that don't even know how to mix a live rock band. They would be in tears if this were the 80s or 90s. I still use my '74 SVT head on occasion. It DOES have a volume knob.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version