Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

New tube combo from Fender

(1/3) > >>

Dave W:
And it involves Uwe's favorite bassist.

Fender joins forces with U2's Adam Clayton for its first ever signature bass amp, the ACB 50 combo

Pilgrim:
Sounds fine, but $2199 retail for 50W, even if tube powered?  I wonder about that price point...and seems like most bass players are seeking a lot more power.  There's a reason that the old Bassman amps are considered to be guitar amps.  Of course, this has a balanced output to connect the FOH, so that bypasses the power issue for many bands.

For that matter the two channels ("Classic" and "Modern High-Fi") remind me of the Bass and High inputs on the old Bassman.

Dave W:
You're probably right about the power. The price is probably not out of line, though. A new Bassman is $2000 now. Even the 12 watt Princeton Reverb is $1400.

gearHed289:
50 watts of tube power can get pretty loud, and considering that this is a combo amp, might be enough. I like that they used a 15'' speaker. And 55 pounds isn't bad for a tube amp with a 15.

Ampeg makes a 50w all tube Portaflex, as well as a 20 watt. Street price for the 50 watt and a 1x15 flip-top cab is $1430.

morrow:
That’s probably the cost of labour , Ampegs are made in Korea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version