Gear Discussion Forums > Guitars Etc.

A stunning Gibson

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dave W:

--- Quote from: gearHed289 on January 17, 2017, 08:27:24 AM ---Wow, amazing. It's got those tuners with the little flip-out crank lever. And $2050 list price?  :o

--- End quote ---

$2050 was the dealer cost. It was also his cost since he co-owned the store and it was built for him. That would be a little over $5K today, still not a bad dealer cost for a piece like this. Compare that to the "starting at $22,299" street price of a Gibson Custom Citation today.

I wonder how many of those craftsmen went with Heritage two years later when Gibson closed Kalamazoo operations. I haven't seen anything out of Nashville that compares to this.

Granny Gremlin:
Beautiful

Grog:
Amazing guitar! I seem to remember going into the Saint Paul store a few times, but not the Minneapolis Store.

I ran into a post on the Les Paul Forum that was rather interesting. A former employee of Gibson Nashville is posting unique guitars that he must have been involved in making, curious to see if any of the current owners chime in. It would be interesting if any former Kalamazoo workers had similar records.

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?200964-Where-are-they-now

Dave W:
Wow, some good ones in that thread. It's nice that he kept evidence of what he worked on. I had never heard of the LP Spotlight.

BTL:
What a cool thread!

Needs more bass...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version