Author Topic: Harley Benton Thunderbird  (Read 9431 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Harley Benton Thunderbird
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 01:17:05 PM »
Hey, show some respect to the people that invented Democracy and anal sex, will ya? :P

:rimshot:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2015, 03:05:53 AM »

I find the brand name a clever marketing choice to capitalize on American "Harley" Davidson and a common UK sounding butler's name "Benton."

.....much better than naming it after some of the actual builders, like "Chang Yang" :)

Same factory make guitars for Ibanes, Epi and Peavey, so probably decent stuff for the price.

But why don't they throw fortune cookies in the case of Chinese made guitars? I LOVE fortune cookies.
They could put in funny music career fortunes, like "You agent is stealing your money" or "Your singer is banging your girlfriend."

daan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »
That's not horrible at all, worth a try. The Harley Benton stuff is more than decent.

I would have killed for a bass with looks like that and at that price in 1976. Instead I had to get a "Johnny Guitar" Jazz Bass-knock-off because it was all I could afford.

I was heartbroken with the looks of it. It was immediately clear to me that I would not become a rock star with that thing - and guess what? I was right. To add insult to injury they had it hanging in the store right beside this ultracool Burns Flyte which was unaffordable for me (several thousand Deutsche Mark, a king's ransom at the time).

If you wonder why I have issues with Fender, dig no further! I've just revealed it all.

I just found this thread, I don't know why it took so long to... Anyway I think it's funny that I have the same bass (my never-ending Hondo project)  that Uwe had. Does that mean I gotta go to law school now?  :mrgreen:
If it was good enough for Danny Bonaduce, it ought to be good enough for fake bass players everywhere!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2015, 09:53:48 PM »

I just found this thread, I don't know why it took so long to... Anyway I think it's funny that I have the same bass (my never-ending Hondo project)  that Uwe had. Does that mean I gotta go to law school now?  :mrgreen:

Not just law school, you'll have to become a senior litigator for an international law firm. A position like that might be hard to come by in New Richmond. You might have to go all the way to Glenwood City for that.  ;D

daan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2015, 02:37:40 PM »
If I got to end up with an awesome bass collection, I'd go all the way to Eau Claire! (Well, Menomonie, anyway  ;D )
If it was good enough for Danny Bonaduce, it ought to be good enough for fake bass players everywhere!