Author Topic: Tele Thinline Bass  (Read 1162 times)

ilan

• View Profile
Re: Tele Thinline Bass
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 11:18:54 AM »
I predict major neck-dive.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 11:28:31 AM »
Seems pricey...made where? cheap tuners, cheap bridge.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 02:15:38 PM »
cheap tuners, cheap bridge.

Fender has been using cheap bridges since day one and it seems to work pretty good. And it doesn't seem to affect their pricing either. ;)
I'm not sure where you see those are cheap tuners? And if they are, does that disqualify them? The cheap tuners that I have on some of my basses hold their tuning as good as the
expensive ones. But I do think that Mr. Tee bass could use some -more expensive- lightweight tuners to help cure the neckdive (which I suspect it does have).

Adrian Macuszcyk is a reputed bass player and his bass guitars get pretty good reviews.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 02:25:39 PM »
He's Polish, but living in Germany. Took me ages to write Maruszczyk right;)

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 02:56:52 PM »
Fender has been using cheap bridges since day one and it seems to work pretty good. And it doesn't seem to affect their pricing either. ;)
I'm not sure where you see those are cheap tuners? And if they are, does that disqualify them? The cheap tuners that I have on some of my basses hold their tuning as good as the
expensive ones. But I do think that Mr. Tee bass could use some -more expensive- lightweight tuners to help cure the neckdive (which I suspect it does have).

Adrian Macuszcyk is a reputed bass player and his bass guitars get pretty good reviews.

I asked where it was made to get some idea as to value and what things cost in the Eurozone.  Does that include VAT?

As to the tuners, there's a rear headstock shot of the 'Windmill' bass which is the same price.  Assuming they are cheap tuners, YES, a 1000 Euro bass should have tuners that cost more than $20 a set.  Ditto a $10 bridge.  Fender doesn't use that bridge on their American made basses except for their CS stuff when appropriate.

The only thing that would relieve neck dive in that design is either a boat anchor at the bridge or a helium balloon at the headstock.  IMO that's a major reason Fender has never never made a Tele bass.

I attempted to read some of the reviews but my German is nonexistant.