Author Topic: Met some bass players  (Read 2542 times)

Iome

• Born to rock..forced to work
    • View Profile
Re: Met some bass players
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 05:17:15 AM »
Am i the only one who wouldn't know how to jam with other bass players?
Just my 0.2 $, but i see a jam as playing songs, or music, with others (say casual) people, two or more basses doesn't make much sense to me...  ???

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 05:27:11 AM »
Nah.. With Wooten, Hamm and Pattitucci on the menu, I'd say one bass player is more than enough.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 07:43:25 AM »
let me clear up one point. my comment has NOTHING to do with chris's bass talents, just the situation he was faced with. i wouln't have done it either.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 08:39:32 AM »
I wouldn't do it either!

Some of these comments reminded me of something from years ago. Watching the Arsenio Hall show, he often had musical guests sitting in with the house band. One time it was Andy Summers of the Police on guitar. Arsenio talks about how he's won best overall guitarist in GP magazine, etc, and then he's like "show us what you've got!" He's not THAT kind of player! It was awkward.

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 09:14:49 AM »
It´s like being the supporting actor in a Ron Jeremy movie!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 12:38:14 PM »
... and the fact that hauling around full SVT rigs makes one pretty strong.  :mrgreen:

Behave... y'all should know better...  ;)

ON the stage...? Yeah, no problem at all... after all, they need roadies, don't they...  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 11:50:43 AM »
Behave... y'all should know better...  ;)

"Y'all" is a plural personal pronoun in my neck of the woods, like "y'un's." "Y'all" as a singular personal pronoun is more common in former plantation areas, though plenty of yankee transplants just ape what they see on "The Beverly Hillbillies" (which is an almostly completely fake 'dialect') and may use it thinking that they're 'blending in.' Thankfully, their children grow up with the Michigan accents their parents use at home so I have ended up with the odd proposition of upper middle-aged floks with heavy fake "southern" accents with kids that sound like Fran Drescher. If you get the National Geographic channel, they have a show called "Snake Salvation" about snake-handling churches about two congregations, one in LaFollette and the other in Middlesboro, KY. The guys in Middlesboro have my exact accent and dialect, (but not my good sense to not chase copperheads.)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 03:00:51 PM »
We get NG so I'll look out for it, ta... seen something about such places...

Jackie's late uncle Johnny taught me that the proper way they used to say it with the (genuine) mowt'un folks was "you-um back soon?" - "we-um back soon"  ;)

We went up into the hills not far from Winchester KY and found the farm they lived on - a tiny place called Stepstone - found it on a satellite image after some hunting post returning - only thing I found the same on studying pics was the entry fence posts which were the same ones - and on the way up there we passed a place with the family name on the sign for the farm and I mentioned this chance so we called in on the way back and there were kids playing in the yard and a couple of generations of folks and low-and-behold a gent with a big beard, bib-and-braces overalls (stained, of course), John Deere hat (badly worn), shotgun, on the shoulder (straight up, as God is my witness) and it turned out that him and her uncle were first cousins and remembered playing as kids...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 05:31:17 PM »
Antonella Mazza has posted some nice photos on FB, looks like a great time to me w/ great players,
Cheers,

" So just who is this Alex Harvey fellow & just what makes him so Sensational? "

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 01:35:16 AM »
We had!