Author Topic: Bands new promo video  (Read 3242 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: Bands new promo video
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 11:47:36 AM »
Stu I have London '75 thanks to you ! I'd love a copy of anything else you have dug up !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

rockinrayduke

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 01:53:36 PM »
Shit, that was fun!!

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 07:51:44 PM »
Yeah I like Stu's idea. Hear Me Calling or Move Over Slade style would suit very well I reckon.  I did the reverse option with the Crocs. They wanted to play Donovans Sunshine Superman. But I didn't this it worked very well so I suggested we do the Merryweather version (which really rocks). Now they love it!  :thumbsup:
Digresion our specialty!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 05:47:03 AM »
Finally watched it. Great Montage and love the way the bass was in your face. Sure shows what a great player you are and how much you are the foundation of the band, in my opinion.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 06:35:00 AM »
Thanks John...................your making me blush. I am pretty stoked about the '10 gigging season. We are working with a new agent, getting more gigs in places we should and want to be. Doing a car and cycle show in august with the same stage and sound system that was at the Central Terminal gig. We are the first band on and thats ok, we will get a full sound check ;) They want us to play two 45 min sets..........................we are going to play a hour and a half straight through, I don't envy the bands that follow us  :mrgreen:
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 06:39:47 AM »
What is your set-list...?
We do two 1 1/2 hour sets (club owners love this) Aerosmith, Zep, Alice Cooper, Sweet, Rick Derringer, Foghat, Kiss, The Who etc. etc. etc. As a booking option we do a Led Zep tirbute set called Hammer of the Gods........................I am pretty happy when this doesn't get booked.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 07:50:34 AM »
Well we do cover Born To Be Wild and I give it my best Jimmy treatment .  ;D

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 09:16:50 AM »
We do two 1 1/2 hour sets (club owners love this) Aerosmith, Zep, Alice Cooper, Sweet, Rick Derringer, Foghat, Kiss, The Who etc. etc. etc. As a booking option we do a Led Zep tirbute set called Hammer of the Gods........................I am pretty happy when this doesn't get booked.

Sounds like a blast! I'd love to do all that stuff. Unfortunately, I'd never get as many gigs as I do playing the usual cover band crud.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 10:19:44 AM »
Sounds like a blast! I'd love to do all that stuff. Unfortunately, I'd never get as many gigs as I do playing the usual cover band crud.
Upstate NY is weird, I would much rather be doing our originals but then we would rarely gig  :sad: On occassion we do original shows but not often enough.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 12:40:16 PM »
Mama Were Orl Crazee Now would really work... great to get people jumping about...

I'd view it this way... there's four of you... a personal fave here or there, just for the heck of it, one or two each, one or two a gig... just for fun...

If it becomes a "job"...

(If you don't say whose song it is, they, the audience, may even think it's one of yours... ;))
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Big_Stu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 04:32:11 PM »
In the good old days of the late 70's when they were playing the dives, they did a final encore medley which started with "Cum On feel The Noize, into Chuck Berry's "I'm A Rocker", into "Boney Marony", into "Whole Lotta Woman", (complete with filthy innuendo where the word "whole" loses the "w") into - finally - "Born To Be Wild". It was absolutely amazing.

You always knew the gig was finally over when they played "Singing In The Rain" over the PA.