Author Topic: show your multiple bass pictures!  (Read 79817 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: show your multiple bass pictures!
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2008, 12:29:23 AM »
My latest shots of my lefties:

Wow!!!!! Lefty Heaven!!!!!!!!!!  :o
I'll get some shots of my instruments soon, I swear.

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2011, 04:22:32 PM »
I can't believe I started this thread over 3 years ago! Today was a nice sunny winter day in the San Francisco Bay Area, not too cold, so I decided to take pictures of some basses - pictures I've been meaning to take but too lazy to make happen!

This is a shot that I've been wanting to take for a long time - I call it "brown 1970s basses":

It's not complete - still need to get my Alembic doubleneck in there, but I also wanted a pic of just these two. The Triumph is early-'70s, the Ric is 1976.

Feel free to help me revive this thread by posting more pics!

fealach

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2011, 05:57:22 PM »
Don't have many multi-bass pics, found these on my hard drive.  Don't believe I have posted them.  Many of these are gone now.

'85 Exploiter/Spoiler flanked by (~2004?) Ristola fretless and 5

80's B.C Rich Bich 8, Dean Rhapsody 12

Ristola again, Mouradian CS-74, '92 Tobias Killer B

'79 4001--Danelectro ...something (30" scale, late 90's-early 00's)--Vox Apollo IV (back)--CS--Kent guitar--Warwick Corvette Fretless--BC Rich Platinum series Warlock

hieronymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2011, 11:14:52 PM »
Wowzer - nice collection!

fealach

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2011, 12:17:36 AM »
Most of that last pic are gone, sold off to buy others that I don't have group shots of, but it's one of the few times I had them all together.  Still have the Mouradian and the Kent (sentimental - 1st electric, gift from neighbor who is no longer with us).  The current collection is still too big to fit in one pic and still have them be big enough to identify.  The 3 in the top pic and the Bich are still with me, though the Bich is now BEAD - low 4 of a baritone guitar, with octave up strings. 

When I look at pics of the Ric and Vox I miss them, but realistically the Vox didn't sound very good and the Ric wasn't touched after I got the Mouradian.

Tragically, the posters in the old jam room did not survive.

fealach

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2011, 12:27:13 AM »
I can't believe I started this thread over 3 years ago! Today was a nice sunny winter day in the San Francisco Bay Area, not too cold, so I decided to take pictures of some basses - pictures I've been meaning to take but too lazy to make happen!

This is a shot that I've been wanting to take for a long time - I call it "brown 1970s basses":

It's not complete - still need to get my Alembic doubleneck in there, but I also wanted a pic of just these two. The Triumph is early-'70s, the Ric is 1976.

Feel free to help me revive this thread by posting more pics!

I find those Gibsons intriguing.  Probably never get the chance to play one, but they look exceptionally cool.  Short scale, blocks, 24 frets...these things I like.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2011, 12:13:44 PM »
Love that black Exploiter  8)

The Triumph is one of my favorites.  Here's mine amongst peers:

73 Guild JS2 (now lives in S. Korea), 73 Triumph, 68 EB-3, 66 EB-2D, 81 Ibanez ST-980, 82 Alembic Distillate

82 Roland G505, 76 Thunderbird, MIJ Pbass, 73 Ric, BaCHbird, 78 Ric, 81 Roland G808

I have some other stragglers- old fretless Stingray, Christopher 3/4 upright, etc.  I don't play fretless or upright much anymore (used to be the opposite), but I've hung onto those in case I ever circle back that way.  I've also sold a handful of basses over the past couple years... ones that seemed redundant [gives MG Ric the evil eye...] or that I just wasn't playing regularly.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2011, 12:56:26 PM »

Ahhh.......The Zombie thread  ;)

I looked back at page one - My pretties have grown in number!

Still have the Subie Love too :mrgreen:

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

hieronymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2011, 03:11:59 PM »
Most of that last pic are gone, sold off to buy others that I don't have group shots of, but it's one of the few times I had them all together.  Still have the Mouradian and the Kent (sentimental - 1st electric, gift from neighbor who is no longer with us).  The current collection is still too big to fit in one pic and still have them be big enough to identify.  The 3 in the top pic and the Bich are still with me, though the Bich is now BEAD - low 4 of a baritone guitar, with octave up strings. 

When I look at pics of the Ric and Vox I miss them, but realistically the Vox didn't sound very good and the Ric wasn't touched after I got the Mouradian.

Tragically, the posters in the old jam room did not survive.

The ones that stand out to me are the Exploiter (I had one with a natural finish - my first Alembic!), the BC Rich 8-string, and the Mouradian. Jim Mouradian was local to me when I lived in Boston - I would take my basses to him for setups over the years, and I remember he had a cool blueprint of that Mouradian body shape framed up on the wall.

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2011, 03:20:31 PM »
winter has set in so it will be a  while before i get some new pictures...

some scroll bass love

series 10, 2 bruce johnson "reissues, custom built body and warm neck - purplheart...

repeat of the series 10,  2 wishbasses....,  2  65 ampegs  2 scroll bodies on top ,  another wishbass and purple scroll in background

bad editing

repeat ampeg ssb reissue and 2 univox scrolls
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:29:03 PM by jumbodbassman »
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2011, 03:32:49 PM »
some more stuff

2 basses you should recognize sandwiching  a fodera yin yang

some gibson love

Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

hieronymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
Yes! It lives! It lives!!!!! (my thread that is) - this is awesome! Keep 'em coming!

Here's Les and Stanley hanging out in the studio:

Thornton Davis

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2011, 10:03:41 AM »

Left to right

67 Kawai T2-B Teardrop, 2010 Big Al 5-H, 2007 HCT500/1, 2010 Classic Stingray 5, 67 Raven T2-B Teardrop.

Sitting in the background is a Traynor YBA300 sitting on two Genz-Benz GB 410T-XB3 cabinets.

TD
Please keep your eyes open for my stolen 1973 Burgundyglo Rickenbacker 4001 Serial # MD1582. It was stolen in November of 2006. Reward for its return. Thx!

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2011, 01:26:04 PM »
I'll try something a bit different.....my acoustic basses.

Lakeland made original Warwick Alien that was the first ever in the U.S. back around 1992 and meant for TM Stevens after I wrote the magazine review on it. But I liked it so much that I kept it and bought it...so they had to get another for TM :)

Parker PAB40 and Dillion limited edition 5.

hieronymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2011, 12:23:57 PM »
Just got together with some fellow Alembicians:

The doubleneck is mine, the 12-string is a '77, the small body on the right is a '76 Series II.